I want to get a Leopard Tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaTortue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Borex, Switzerland
But I have 3 Hermann Tortoises... 1 Year Old Each. And I was wondering is it safe to keep them together? Would I have to separate them? I don't mind gettin' my little Leopard tortoises a new enclosure when I do get him! :D

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
I don't know much about it, however from all i read and learnt Leopard Tortoises are quite solitary.
So i don't think i'd recommend keeping a leopard with hermanns. Not to mention leopards need different care to hermanns so keeping them separate will probably be better for all of there health.

Someone who knows more might come on and say different but personally, from what i know (and i am a novice so could be completely wrong), i wouldn't keep a leopard with hermanns.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I agree and would not house the two species if you want a leo you need to get another enclosure :D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
It's always a good idea to house different tortoise species separately, in order to avoid transmission of diseases to which the animals have not evolved defenses. Some people do keep different species together without problems, so it is possible, but it is not a risk I would be willing to take. The decision is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.