If its not used....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
So I've had Tiny for about 3-4 wks now and not once has he used the hidie in the enclosure he always digs into the substrate in the same place and sleeps there. so the question is do I really need to leave the hidie in there or do I take it out so he has that extra space to roam in?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he doesn't use it and you want to take it out go for it. You could also put it over the spot he digs in. If he doesn't stay in that spot, because you put the hide there, then remove it.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
wellington said:
If he doesn't use it and you want to take it out go for it. You could also put it over the spot he digs in. If he doesn't stay in that spot, because you put the hide there, then remove it.
The spot he always uses is under the heat/light lamp so dont really want to put the hidie there

dangermouth

5 Year Member
Northeast Texas
sueb4653 said:
wellington said:
The spot he always uses is under the heat/light lamp so dont really want to put the hidie there

Is it possible that the part of the habitat where the hide is is not warm enough for him? Have you checked temps in all parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.