Indoor redfoot enclosure

Budd's zoo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
It has taken a few days to get this far and it is still a work in progress. Any suggestions for what else it needs are greatly appreciated. Best part all of the plants came from my flowers beds!!!20160502_175627.jpg 20160504_133306.jpg 20160504_133323.jpg 20160504_133326.jpg 20160504_133332.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Beautiful!! I think you're using wood, which will interfere with the humidity level you want. I would line the inside with pond liner. Others use shower curtains, which also work.
I believe @Tom knows of a waterproof paint. I love the enclosure!!

Justin C.

Metro Detroit, MI
What are the measurements? Also, what are you using for UVB? If coil type, you will hear from many people to remove ASAP and get a MVB or long Tube type.

Budd's zoo

5 Year Member
Indiana
What are the measurements? Also, what are you using for UVB? If coil type, you will hear from many people to remove ASAP and get a MVB or long Tube type.
It measures 4x8 for now. We do not use the coil type uvb bulbs because for the potential dangers. There is not yet a uvb set up in this enclosure. They can currently go outside. But we use the long tube type in our other enclosures. Thanks

Justin C.

Metro Detroit, MI
It measures 4x8 for now. We do not use the coil type uvb bulbs because for the potential dangers. There is not yet a uvb set up in this enclosure. They can currently go outside. But we use the long tube type in our other enclosures. Thanks
I am thinking this is a nice plan and I am working to build something just like it from my Russian.

I do have 3 more questions:
1. What tortoise lives there?
2. How is the humidity level and how do you control moisture from leaking out?
3. Do you think it is strong enough to have another one stacked on top of it?

I am getting a Cherry Head hatchling next week and I am planning to build them both this summer.

Budd's zoo

5 Year Member
Indiana
I am thinking this is a nice plan and I am working to build something just like it from my Russian.

I do have 3 more questions:
1. What tortoise lives there?
2. How is the humidity level and how do you control moisture from leaking out?
3. Do you think it is strong enough to have another one stacked on top of it?

I am getting a Cherry Head hatchling next week and I am planning to build them both this summer.
To answer your questions, We have 2 redfoots living in there. We average 70-80% humidity. To help with longevity of the wood and to help moisture in all the board have been painted with exterior paint. And yes it will hold another enclosures. My concern with putting another enclosure on top would be can your floors hold it.

Justin C.

Metro Detroit, MI
To answer your questions, We have 2 redfoots living in there. We average 70-80% humidity. To help with longevity of the wood and to help moisture in all the board have been painted with exterior paint. And yes it will hold another enclosures. My concern with putting another enclosure on top would be can your floors hold it.

Thanks, the plan is in the basement for the weather months. It insulated so it doesn't get cold down there around 65 ~ 68 F degrees. plus there is a lot more space down there.

Nice work and thanks for the ideas.