Injured Deer PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Last week I saw an injured deer in my yard.
It had damage to it upper front of it's bod, the fur was disturbed and it looked very swollen.

It also has a bad limp and was having problems walking with one of it's front legs.
I purchased 100 lbs. of deer feed so it can get food easily at my deer feeder everyday.

The deer was back down yesterday(along with two others) and I took these pictures.
It still has a bad limp and puts little pressure on the front leg, the swelling appears to be down and the fur is back to normal. I believe this deer was hit by a car.

The injured deer in the back of the picture, is the last to come out of the woods.

Here you can see it doesn't put pressure on it's leg. Very sad to watch it walk, although it can move fast if scared.

Here are all three deer, the injured one is in the back left. They heard my neighbors and soon ran off.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Nice of you to try something Pat. Nature is hard, but sometimes a lttle help goes along way. Hope he gets a chance to heal. Good for you. Na

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
i'm glad you are trying to give the deer a chance. i hope it will get healthy again

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Beautiful pics Patrick. I've always felt deer are one of those majestic creatures. Nice she came into your yard and now has some easy feed during the winter months. Hopefully she will heal quickly.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Is the deer still coming back? Well it's a good thing that deer has someone to help him.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Rees2 said:
Is the deer still coming back? Well it's a good thing that deer has someone to help him.

Yes, it is still coming here and still limps. It did run away fast.

Here's a picture I took of it the other day.

injureddeer.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Patrick she is beautiful. She may always limp but with your help she made it through the winter.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Crazy1 said:
Patrick she is beautiful. She may always limp but with your help she made it through the winter.

I've always tried to help animals out. This morning I chased two ducks that were sitting right in the middle of the road to a Walmart parking lot!

Here's another picture of the injured deer with friends. She is the one eating in the back.

d1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.