Injury In Family Turtle

mikey07777

Location (City and/or State)
Dover NH
Hi! I'm posting here for a family member. They recently got a turtle and are trying to upgrade the enclosure and everything but noticed beforehand that it had a round pinkish bulge coming from the side of its mouth (looks like an injury), there is another one of the knee but it seems more faded. They don't know entirely what it is and I figured to get some help from people before telling them they have to drop a lot of money on a vet visit (closest exotic vet is far away from what I'm aware). We are planning on getting neosporin and betadine to treat them today for now(from what I'm aware its safe). Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• yurtle mouth hurt.jpg
    yurtle mouth hurt.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 1

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Hi! I'm posting here for a family member. They recently got a turtle and are trying to upgrade the enclosure and everything but noticed beforehand that it had a round pinkish bulge coming from the side of its mouth (looks like an injury), there is another one of the knee but it seems more faded. They don't know entirely what it is and I figured to get some help from people before telling them they have to drop a lot of money on a vet visit (closest exotic vet is far away from what I'm aware). We are planning on getting neosporin and betadine to treat them today for now(from what I'm aware its safe). Thank you for any help!
Looks like some sort of fungal infection, or possibly and injury that got infected.

This product by api works well accompanied with water changes, but dry docking and diluted betadine or peroxide helps.
Product: Your pet will love this API Turtle Fix Antibacterial Treatment, 4-oz bottle:

Reactions: Ink