Interested in 7Y/O F Russian in TX?

Ruszian Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
TX
Hi there! A post yesterday about rehoming my tortoise with a nearby 12 year old and his reluctant family did not provide encouraging results. My little Squirt needs a new home. My situation right now means I have to find a place for her by late August. I am not asking for any money. She is a 7 1/2 year old Russian female. She has ever so slight pyramiding but is generally healthy.IMG_6756.jpeg(This is her next to a water bottle and pencil for reference.)IMG_7172.jpegIMG_6749.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg
Her living situation is not the best at the moment. Yesterday someone from Alabama mentioned that they had a place for Russian tortoises, which was super kind of them to offer, but the drive presents a challenge. Is there anyone in the Texas area, specifically around Dallas, who would like to take in a sweet new tort?
Let me know and thank you.

Anastasia 22

Texas
Hi there! A post yesterday about rehoming my tortoise with a nearby 12 year old and his reluctant family did not provide encouraging results. My little Squirt needs a new home. My situation right now means I have to find a place for her by late August. I am not asking for any money. She is a 7 1/2 year old Russian female. She has ever so slight pyramiding but is generally healthy.View attachment 372817(This is her next to a water bottle and pencil for reference.)View attachment 372818View attachment 372819
View attachment 372818
Her living situation is not the best at the moment. Yesterday someone from Alabama mentioned that they had a place for Russian tortoises, which was super kind of them to offer, but the drive presents a challenge. Is there anyone in the Texas area, specifically around Dallas, who would like to take in a sweet new tort?
I am 1hour away from Dallas. I have already had two Russians. I might be able to take her if you won't find her a new home.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@Ruszian Tortoise ... I strongly suggest you do a little homework before choosing someone to take your tortoise. Make sure you choose someone that does right by the torts they currently have, not just an excited person to get another one. You seem to really care about this tort and it would be terrible for someone without that same compassion to get her. I sincerely hope she gets the loving home she deserves.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hi there! A post yesterday about rehoming my tortoise with a nearby 12 year old and his reluctant family did not provide encouraging results. My little Squirt needs a new home. My situation right now means I have to find a place for her by late August. I am not asking for any money. She is a 7 1/2 year old Russian female. She has ever so slight pyramiding but is generally healthy.View attachment 372817(This is her next to a water bottle and pencil for reference.)View attachment 372818View attachment 372819
View attachment 372818

On the whole I am not a fan of shipping reptiles if one can avoid it, but there are so many Russians in need, and so few GOOD homes, that I would say someone vetted on this list, but may require shipping, is a better option than a random person you can't validate the ability for them to care for them well long term.

Just my $0.02...

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
On the whole I am not a fan of shipping reptiles if one can avoid it, but there are so many Russians in need, and so few GOOD homes, that I would say someone vetted on this list, but may require shipping, is a better option than a random person you can't validate the ability for them to care for them well long term.

Just my $0.02...
TOTALLY AGREE ..... The stress of shipping, the tortoise will overcome but the stress of being in an inadequate home with inadequate care will never go away.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
That's my biggest fear. I hope my tortoises will have a long happy life with me but after me.....That's crazy but I think about it.
You HAVE to have a plan for the inevitable. No one gets out of this world alive so what happens when you do go is an important piece of good husbandry. We have 10 acres that our children inherit, for the sole purpose of housing the tortoises that reside here. Under no circumstances will our tortoises be homeless, ever. I think this is a very commonly overlooked part of keeping tortoises, what if?

Anastasia 22

Texas
You HAVE to have a plan for the inevitable. No one gets out of this world alive so what happens when you do go is an important piece of good husbandry. We have 10 acres that our children inherit, for the sole purpose of housing the tortoises that reside here. Under no circumstances will our tortoises be homeless, ever. I think this is a very commonly overlooked part of keeping tortoises, what if?
You are lucky. I have a lot but I don't have a family.

Anastasia 22

Texas
@Ruszian Tortoise ... I strongly suggest you do a little homework before choosing someone to take your tortoise. Make sure you choose someone that does right by the torts they currently have, not just an excited person to get another one. You seem to really care about this tort and it would be terrible for someone without that same compassion to get her. I sincerely hope she gets the loving home she deserves.
True. I wouldn't trust anyone who has more than 10 torts.