Introducing Shelly

Stormmom5

Location (City and/or State)
Hannibal, MO
I figured I should introduce Shelly since I've already posted a question about her. Shelly is a female three toed box turtle that is now getting spoiled after having a rough few years. My oldest daughter picked her up off the highway and took her home as a pet for my granddaughter, a toddler at the time. Bad idea! When that didn't work out, she "gifted" her to my son. He developed Type 1 diabetes and wasn't able to care for her, so my youngest daughter's fiance (at the time) wanted her. Long story short, he darn near killed her. He had her in a tank with cedar chips, fed her cat food maybe once every couple weeks, and barely gave her any water. No soaks, no light, heat, or UV bulbs either. After they split up about a year and a half ago, he just left her behind, so I took her and have been nursing her back to good health since then. She is now in a tortoise table with a soaking dish, satisfactory substrate, proper food including dandelion greens, red and green leaf lettuce, a variety of berries, hard boiled eggs, and nightcrawlers. She gets reptivite and repticalcium with D3 a couple times a week. She has a thermostatically controlled CHE bulb and a reptisun t5 ho bulb for UVA/UVB. She gets a soak most every day. She is a very sociable girl, and likes to take walks in the front yard, go for drives in the car, and meet new people. 20230509_194954.jpgHelloShelly2023-05-01 185954.jpg20230509_194954.jpgHelloShelly2023-05-01 185954.jpg

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Awesome that you have her now and that she has managed not only to survive, but to be looking not so bad at all! The first photo looks like she is saying: "Bet you didn't know that I could deal with all that and still be beautiful!"