introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Floresville, Texas
Hi, been around here for a couple of months. Thought I'd introduce myself today. I live just a little south of San Antonio, Texas. My daughter and I love tortoises. She has two Russians and I have a Leopard(pardalis pardalis). I also have a wildlife permit to rehabilitate native reptiles, which includes the Texas Tortoise. There aren't very many rehabbers for the tortoises, and not much interest either. You have to hold a permit for three years here in Texas before you can be a guardian for the Texans. I've only had mine a little over a year, so have to wait. My daughter and my wife are both subpermitees, so they are able to help me. We all had to go to a three day wildlife rehab class to qualify. Whole process took about a year. Here are some Pics.
Dominos daytime enclosure
IMG_6815.jpg

Russians outdoor enclosure
IMG_6814.jpg

Two views of Natasha, Boris is smaller and male.
IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

These next two are Domino. two years in Dec.
IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6804.jpg

Boris and Natasha
IMG_6313.jpg

A two year old Texan that my daughter found as a hatchling. He is being kept by our local county biologist whith the TPWD.
Scooter125.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and lovely group of torts....you know, I think that if you started a thread that briefly outlines what is involved as well as contact numbers/resources for folks there in Texas to obtain a Texas Tort permit ---it would be greatly appreciated. I know that there are folks there that have inquired here on the Forum to get information on obtaining a permit and tort.....:D

greyshirt

5 Year Member
Floresville, Texas
ascott said:
Welcome to the Forum :D and lovely group of torts....you know, I think that if you started a thread that briefly outlines what is involved as well as contact numbers/resources for folks there in Texas to obtain a Texas Tort permit ---it would be greatly appreciated. I know that there are folks there that have inquired here on the Forum to get information on obtaining a permit and tort.....:D

Where would I start this thread? I'm kinda new to forums.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Billy!!

To start a new thread, go to the "forum" page and look for the subject in which you want to post your thread. For the permit, I would think "North American Tortoises" would be where it should go. Click on that, then click on "new topic"

greyshirt

5 Year Member
Floresville, Texas
emysemys said:
Welcome, Billy!!

To start a new thread, go to the "forum" page and look for the subject in which you want to post your thread. For the permit, I would think "North American Tortoises" would be where it should go. Click on that, then click on "new topic"

OK. Thanks I appreciate your help.:D

greyshirt

5 Year Member
Floresville, Texas
pam said:

Thanks, glad to be here. :D

pam said:

Sorry, I got a little confused on my reply to everyone welcoming me. I guess it was a senior moment. I'm really glad I found this forum, and I'm working on a Texas Tortoise thread for info. on obtaining a permit. It's a lot of info so it is taking me awhile.

Pameladale

5 Year Member
Hi im pamela from calgary ab, how are you guys doing? I have a 3 toed box turtle named willa soon to be aquiring a male ornate.

Status
Not open for further replies.