ipod touch help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So on Friday I had to get something out the bathroom and I had my apple ipod touch in my pocket. When I walked passed the toilet it fell in I picked it uo real fast it was only in there for like 5 seconds or less. and there was nothing in the toilet. But it wouldnt turn on so that night when I got back home it turned on but all the buttons wouldnt work. But yesterday all the buttons were working and it lights up just fine. The only thing is it will not work to me touching the screen so I cannot slide the bar thing to get it on the homepage. Do you think it will work again in like 4 days since it has came this far? Are what do you think I should do? I really need help before mt dad finda out my mom already knows.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Water is a cell phone killer! I really doubt you'll be able to ever use it again properly. It is corroding inside. Be honest and maybe he'll let you get another one.

Yvonne

wood turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
be honest to who? my dad or if I try to return it? Im just surprised it still turns on and all the buttons work. My mom thinks is going to work in a few days but idk.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
You need to take it apart and let it air dry

Doesnt work all the time but it want hurt to try

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
wood turtle said:
be honest to who? my dad or if I try to return it? Im just surprised it still turns on and all the buttons work. My mom thinks is going to work in a few days but idk.

I got the impression you were worried about letting you dad know what happened to the phone, so that's why I said to be honest. Tell him what happened and maybe he'll get you another one.

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Yup take it apart - I air-dried my BRAND new phone after being thrown in the swimming pool lol. I used a hair dryer, but on the "Cool" setting, and about a ruler length away, worked like a bomb :)

wood turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
see i dont think i can take it a part lol. And yes emysemys it is my dad who im afraid to tell. He saw that 2 of my fish were dieing in my fish tank and he got all mad and was huffing and raising his voice at me. it sucks

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
If you take it apart it will void the warranty. Call apple support and see what they recommend. Don't give them any info on yourself or they may make notes which again can void your warranty. Wetting of a cell phone voids the warranty. Or put it in a very warm place - not direct sun as it can damage the screen and put it at an angle that any gaps or openings are up and let the moisture evaporate out. The most important thing with electronics is when they get wet do not turn them on until the have dried out. They can short circuit if the components are wet. But once dry the usually work fine.

Dawna

Status
Not open for further replies.