Is a 2 1/2 x 4' enclosure big enough?

Oogway the russian tort

MY MUM FOUND A BOOK SHELF THATS ABOUT 4 feet tall and 2 1/2 wide I was wondering if I could use this for my adul male rt I'm open to any suggestions (I don't have any pictures sorry)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
MY MUM FOUND A BOOK SHELF THATS ABOUT 4 feet tall and 2 1/2 wide I was wondering if I could use this for my adul male rt I'm open to any suggestions (I don't have any pictures sorry)
4' x 2'6" is too small for an adult Russian. An adult needs 4'x8' minimum. (You might get away with 4'x6')

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not ideal, but it will do for the rest of this winter, and you can be working on your outdoor yard for him in the meantime.

Oogway the russian tort

It's not ideal, but it will do for the rest of this winter, and you can be working on your outdoor yard for him in the meantime.
The problem is that I really can't make a outdoor enclosure because our backyard we have 2 hunting dogs and w
Will kill and destroy any thing that moves and in the front lawn my dad puts fertilizer so I'm mean I don't know where to put him except in doors so I guess I will have to make him a bigger one

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The problem is that I really can't make a outdoor enclosure because our backyard we have 2 hunting dogs and w
Will kill and destroy any thing that moves and in the front lawn my dad puts fertilizer so I'm mean I don't know where to put him except in doors so I guess I will have to make him a bigger one
I agree you don't have much choice. Either you negotiate with your parents for a secure, fertiliser free area in the front or back. Or you build a proper size enclosure indoors - which will probably require negotiations too.

You need to sit down with your parents and work out what you can do for this tortoise. You may have to cut a deal that involves a lot of effort for you.

Oogway the russian tort

I agree you don't have much choice. Either you negotiate with your parents for a secure, fertiliser free area in the front or back. Or you build a proper size enclosure indoors - which will probably require negotiations too.

You need to sit down with your parents and work out what you can do for this tortoise. You may have to cut a deal that involves a lot of effort for you.
Ya they agree to pet me keep it indoors it will take half the room but IG its worth it