Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Hi! I am looking to adopt an adult female sulcata and was wondering if anyone knew of any tortoise rescue places or a foster system. Thank you in advance for your help šŸ˜ƒ
Iā€™ve seen countless on Craigā€™s list and at our local shelters. Iā€™d start with the shelters and go from there.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi! I am looking to adopt an adult female sulcata and was wondering if anyone knew of any tortoise rescue places or a foster system. Thank you in advance for your help šŸ˜ƒ
Here is another rescue. They seem like nice people.
To find a sulcata some where like Craigslist. Could possibly be a sulcata that really needs to be rescued. That would be great to get a sulcata out of a bad situation. Really up to you if you want to deal with a abused tortoise. Could cost you money in vet bills or not live long. But at least you tried to give a sully a chance.7B05FEC9-659B-4D4F-8CEE-8C6C76AD6E17 (1).jpeg

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Here is another rescue. They seem like nice people.
To find a sulcata some where like Craigslist. Could possibly be a sulcata that really needs to be rescued. That would be great to get a sulcata out of a bad situation. Really up to you if you want to deal with a abused tortoise. Could cost you money in vet bills or not live long. But at least you tried to give a sully a chance.View attachment 378343
@EppsDynasty from Joshua Tree Reptile Haven is actually a forum member

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
welcome froM The Valley,

@EppsDynasty is great, though not particularly close to LA. California Turtile and Tortoise club focuses on CDT but I am sure either has or can recommend Sulcatas that need rescuing:

also in LA there is a place called Tortoise Land that has Sulcatas in need. Iā€™m not ā€œrecommendingā€ them per se because they sell baby Sulcatas which I donā€™t support as a ā€œrescueā€, but that said they definitely have a lot of older Sulcatas that could use good homes and I suspect they are not picky about who they go to

there are a ton on Craigslist always but many people are delusional about the ā€œrehomingā€ fees

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Hello I am Dana of Joshua Tree Reptile Haven, Thank You for the reference. Currently we have No Female Sulcatas at our facility, only Males. We also do not have any up for adoption. First if you look up the ad in San Diego the torts are being fed fruits, a big no no for Sulcata health. I am not trying to tell someone how to do their own thing but it makes ya wonder what else is going on. Second, any Sulcata you adopt most likely has had it rough, leaving you to help and deal with whatever comes of that mis-care. There are tons of torts needing GOOD Homes, do you know what it is you are getting into? Providing a good home includes a lot more than "I have a big yard" this is why there are so many needing homes. Shelters, CTTC are good places to start but you need to know what you are getting into, and be prepared to learn.