IS IT OK FOR A TORT TO EAT GRASS.?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearlesshugo

5 Year Member
HERE'S THING GUYS GONA BUILD EVERYTHING AND GET EVERYTHING BEFORE I EVEN MY MY HERMANNI TORT, AND I WANTED TO KNOW IF GRASS IS OK FOR THEM TO EAT.???
I'M PLANNING ON PUTTING GRASS ON ONE SIDE OF THE ENCLOSER BUT NOT SURE IF IT WAS GOOD FOR THEM, IM GONA USE ORANGIC SOIL SO HOPEFULLY NO MITES OR WILL THEY HAVE MITES REGARDLESS ???......

samstar

5 Year Member
fearlesshugo said:
OK THANKS GOT U...

Not sure if they can eat grass but if they can than make sure they are free from what i mentioned above

fearlesshugo

5 Year Member
So i guess it's a bad idea then since they don't really like grass..
how about clover's then that ok right?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
No, it's not that it's a bad idea, mine occasionally (but rarely) will graze on grass a bit. More so the younger Hermann's than the adults. But them eating the grass if and when they want to is not going to do them any harm. Clover is great food for them, but don't limit their diet to just a few types of greens. Their are alot of other good quality greens available that they will readily consume. Variety and quality are the key.

Incidently, while most Hermann's don't eat fresh grass very often many, especially young animals, will graze on timothy hay. It's very much an individual preference. I see some of my younger ones grazing frequently while others have no interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.