Is Karl deformed?

Spannerz

Emmy,

I'm no expert when it comes to tortoise, and the knowledge I do have has been gained from reading up and asking numerous questions on this forum, however, I would like to offer a response to your post and hope it is taken the way it's intended.

While it may be that Karl is showing some cosmetic differences compared to other torts, and those that know ways to fix this will offer up the right advice for you to follow, you yourself are clearly doing a grand job of making sure he can now live a happy and fulfilled life. Your passion for doing your very best for your torts shines and honestly makes me went to do the same when I get my baby in a couple of weeks. It sounds like you are doing everything right now he's in a more caring environment, you take advice and feedback so well. Please don't be too heartbroken by what someone has said. It's very obvious you are doing everything in your power to turn things around for Karl, I think you should really take a pat on the back for how far he has come since you've had him and know that you have the heart, time, and love to now provide any additional care and attention he needs.

He's a gorgeous little chap and no doubt much happier being with you and the girls.

Spannerz

Sorry, I know my post offers no solutions to correct anything or to aid his health if it is an health issue.

I just wanted you to know that from the things you have said, it's very clear you have Karl's health and happiness at heart.. Gggrrr I'm babbling now, just didn't want it to come across wrong to your or anyone else. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Does anyone else think that call is pyramiding?
Yes. You don't?

It comes from growth in conditions were too dry. Your vivarium wasn't necessarily bad. It doesn't matter whether you provide a viv or a table, as long as it is big enough, the conditions are correct, and the animals needs are met.

Emmyx1x

Aw some replies are just heart warming and I take them with such a humbling manner and many thanks. It us so appreciated for people to understand the love and effort we as a family have put into our babies x
We had considered that Karl may have some minor pyramid traits, however after searching for male russian images we did see many like karl minus the chicken type beak.

Emmyx1x

Emmy,

I'm no expert when it comes to tortoise, and the knowledge I do have has been gained from reading up and asking numerous questions on this forum, however, I would like to offer a response to your post and hope it is taken the way it's intended.

While it may be that Karl is showing some cosmetic differences compared to other torts, and those that know ways to fix this will offer up the right advice for you to follow, you yourself are clearly doing a grand job of making sure he can now live a happy and fulfilled life. Your passion for doing your very best for your torts shines and honestly makes me went to do the same when I get my baby in a couple of weeks. It sounds like you are doing everything right now he's in a more caring environment, you take advice and feedback so well. Please don't be too heartbroken by what someone has said. It's very obvious you are doing everything in your power to turn things around for Karl, I think you should really take a pat on the back for how far he has come since you've had him and know that you have the heart, time, and love to now provide any additional care and attention he needs.

He's a gorgeous little chap and no doubt much happier being with you and the girls.
Much love and thanks xxxxx