Is Koopa a girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Euless TX
DesertGrandma said:
I don't know anything about a redfoot, but just wanted to say i LOVE your nail color :cool:

Thank you DesertGrandma! :D

Mgridgaway said:
Leaning towards male between current tail length and anal scutes.

Doh! Looks like I may be getting the "I told you so" from my husband! :p

EricIvins

5 Year Member
The anal scutes look like a developing Male, but the tail says Female. At this point, I don't think the tail is going to lie.......

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
tortadise said:
Yeah thats a boy alright.

Uhhh yeah after further review on the computer and not my phone. Koopa is a koopette. Sorry for my change in views I spoke too soon from my tiny phone screen.

Koopa is a girl in my opinion.

Koopette :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
For sure a tricky one for me. Pictures show both but the clear tail shot is female tail especially at that size. How big is koopa 7-8'?

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
tortadise said:
For sure a tricky one for me. Pictures show both but the clear tail shot is female tail especially at that size. How big is koopa 7-8'?

Yep Koopa is just shy of 8" I didn't realize she would be so difficult to sex. lol leave it to her to be difficult! :p

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
For now, I'm going to stick with her being a girl :) I was also confused by looking at the pics comparing males and females and then looking at Koopa... She does show signs of both as some of you have said, But as someone also said, at her size(she just shy of 8") I don't think her stubby tail is going to take off growing!

Thank you for your help everyone! And if her tail does have a mad growth spurt I'll let ya'all know!

~Jenn

Status
Not open for further replies.