Is my turtle begging for food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikaHeartsTurtles

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
When i enter the room, my mississippi map turtle starts clawing intensely by where i am. When i pick up her food can, she swims right up to the surface so i can hand feed her. I guess what I'm wondering is, are turtles the type of pet that will keep on eating even if they're not hungry, to the point of getting sick? Like, if I put food in there even if shes not hungry, will she eat it anyway? If she ISNT begging for food, than what DOES she want? Shes following me in her tank, clawing at the sides. When i peak my head in my room, i don't see her doing this. She only does in while I'm there. I don't think she wants me to take her out, because when I take her out, she freaks out. Lol. Thank you!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
She is begging for food, mine do it all the time, they seem to know if they act hungry you will feed them. My RES follow me around their pond whenever I show up most likely hoping I will feed them.

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
Yea they are all notorious beggars, funny how quick they socialize when food is involved, don't over feed them though.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
NO!!!!! Don't fall for it!!!....LOLLOLLOL:D

They will absolutely eat till they flip over and float...lol . They are like goldfish....my two RES turn into the Shamu and Mamu show when ever I pass by their tank....it is very cute as long as you stay strong.....you can do it....hold strong...:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.