Is this shellrot?

BornInTheBoot

Location (City and/or State)
DeRidder, La
Hey guys. This is my gf's map turtle. Is that spot on his middle back scute shellrot? I couldn't get a better picture at the time. So if you can't tell I can go try again. Thank youSnapchat-1369186178.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If your talking about the white line I don't think so. That looks like he either rubbed against something white or he scraped it. Just keep an eye on it. If you think it starts looking like it's getting worse, try some antifungal cream on it and put him in dry dock for a while. Still giving him water to go into but making it very shallow.

BornInTheBoot

DeRidder, La
If your talking about the white line I don't think so. That looks like he either rubbed against something white or he scraped it. Just keep an eye on it. If you think it starts looking like it's getting worse, try some antifungal cream on it and put him in dry dock for a while. Still giving him water to go into but making it very shallow.
Here is a better picture20180320_211418.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, now I see better what your talking about. Yes, it could be. I would use some antifungal cream on it. However, that's how I would treat a tortoise. Maybe @Markw84 can help

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
That is not shell rot. It does look like something is off a bit at that scute seam. Almost like it was scraped and the keratin was damaged right at the front of that vertebral. I would apply an antibacterial ointment preferably silver sulfadiazine or even neosporin and watch it for a while to see that nothing gets worse.

Looks like a lot of good, new growth, so the turtle seems to be doing well.