It's Friday, I'm in love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Last week, a fellow teacher offered me her "turtle." Not wanting to take on any RES, I asked her what kind it was. She said it was actually a tortoise, so I agreed to take it. She thought it was a gopher tortoise of some sort, and she's had it since last September, when her son found it walking along the sidewalk in their neighborhood. There are no native tortoise species in Wyoming, and no one responded to their "found" ads.
I was expeciting a sulcata, so imagine my surprise when I opened a shoe box this morning and found a beautiful, mature box turtle. I'll have to post pictures later when I get her home, but the carapace has a hint of a keel, and she's solid tan. Poor thing has been kept in extremely dry conditions since September, so she's in a nice warm soak right now.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I cant wait to see pictures!!
I love boxies!! They are my favorite!!
:) :)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Great save cant wait to see pictures :)

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
My first order of business is going to be buying some live food for the new girl. I have a limited supply of earthworms and pill bugs, but some other new arrivals are going to be sharing those. Looking for suggestions for a a single sources for worms, crickets, anything that an adult boxie and some tiny baby boxies would just LOVE.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
nyworms.co, New York Worms, sell them all, I've used them before and my experience was good. Congratulations on the new boxie.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Thanks, Len, I'll check them out.
I told my sweetheart that my policy is to say "yes" when offered a turtle or tortoise. If I am given something that I just can't keep, I'll simply make arrangements via TFO to get it into an appropriate home. I think of Poison, and imagine that I could receive something amazing, like a Chaco. This girl isn't a Chaco, but she's still amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.