It's official. I'm worried.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
Maybe he's become a teenager in tortoise years!
It's funny you mention that, because that is exactly what I was reminded of last night the way he stormed through the boxes and practically ran back into his burrow after his bath. I half expected him to shout "I hate this family!" and crank up some death metal after the curtain swished closed behind him.
My youngest, who is 18, and Odin's Dad, often jokes that Odin is as big a jerk as he is. *sigh*

Kenno

5 Year Member
Southern California
Well, ahem, let me be the one to tell you:
He's spoiled rotten!

Seriously though, he lives in a tort palace with an attentive servant! He's eating, pooping, and moving well. You're giving him great care!

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Well, ahem, let me be the one to tell you:
He's spoiled rotten!
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. :oops:

:D

Seriously though, he lives in a tort palace with an attentive servant! He's eating, pooping, and moving well. You're giving him great care!
Thanks, I'm sure trying, but I worry. And his grumpy attitude does not help!

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
You planted the banana and added that black 'screen' just before this started, right?

My elongated - also a very territorial species - will sometimes seem to sulk after I mess around in his home with things like that. Daily maintenance is just fine but any big changes and he'll be hiding in his den for a day.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
You planted the banana and added that black 'screen' just before this started, right?

My elongated - also a very territorial species - will sometimes seem to sulk after I mess around in his home with things like that. Daily maintenance is just fine but any big changes and he'll be hiding in his den for a day.
The black screen / new burrow was just a couple days before, yes. The banana planting was yesterday, after he started being grumpy, but I imagine that made it worse.
He really seems to love the burrow though, heck, he is refusing to come out! Maybe he likes it too much? Maybe now that he has such a cozy, dark and private place he is mad at me for not doing it sooner?

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
I guess the new official word is that I am a crazy lady. Or, crazier lady....

As I mentioned earlier, Odin was still being a jerk at breakfast.
I brought him a snack in the afternoon of dandelion greens and although I didn't see him come out, they were gone when I brought down his dinner.
And, when I brought him his dinner salad he came out of his burrow on his own and ate pretty much everything. So, I guess everything is fine now?

It's okay to laugh and point, I was ridiculous.

Paranub

We all have days that we just don't want to get out of bed, i know my George does! i almost had a fight a few nights ago when trying to give him a bath.. Legs and claws flailing like a trooper. And he normally loves a soak. Bailed right out of his bowl, onto the floor and straight back towards his enclosure.. i gave in and just put him in, he went straight back to his hole.. with no supper! :p