Jenny, my Kinixys homeana

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinB

5 Year Member
Hello all! I have an ongoing post over in the African Hingebacks section (feel free to look over there if you want more info/background), but I thought it was about time that I introduced Jenny to the rest of the forum.
20120704_195547.jpg
Jenny is a Home's Hingeback that has been with my family for almost a decade, but she has not had an easy life prior to this summer.
IMG_1260.JPG
Now, despite these grumpy looks she's always giving me, she seems to be enjoying her outside time, and her new indoor enclosure is on its way (but STILL not here... time to give UPS a call). She has some lingering issues with her gait from being kept on slippery substrate for too long, but has started standing wonderfully when in water. We're just working on building up the muscles in her back legs now.

She's always been an interesting girl. She won't eat if she knows people are around, but she's not shy at all in any other regard. She air-walks like crazy when I carry her out in the morning, lets me hold the back of her shell up as she walks to work on her gait, and will stick her neck full out to keep an eye on me if I'm within viewing distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.