Just built a house outside for my two african torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderreyy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Dimas, CA
Day two.
Today I added two sections to the top left and right side. These will be removable and will be screened. Im still not sure which direction I will take next. I think Im going to remove the grass when I set this out on the back lawn. Then I will plant some sulcata seed in part of it. Then something taller in the middle. Im open to any ideas as i want this done right the first time. This is all being made from wood crate being thrown out. The cost so far is zero.
006-28.jpg

008-21.jpg

009-25.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

desert tortoises are the most personable torts there are. But I don't think it's fair to them to keep them with a Sulcata. Sulcata's are very aggressive and will hurt the more milder DT. And each species carries pathogens that might make the other species sick or worse. Now that more species are captive bred that's becoming less of a problem, but it still could be a problem...

spiderreyy

5 Year Member
San Dimas, CA
????????? They arent kept together. The enclosure is for the sulcatas only. The desert tort roams the yard freely. Ocasionally he gets put away and the sulcatas get to run the yard. Eventually a decesion will have to be made when the sulcatas get to big for an enclosure. Not looking forward to that.

spiderreyy

5 Year Member
San Dimas, CA
No problem at all. You gave good advice. Its been given by others as well. Ive still got a lot to learn, and Im always ready to listen to different points of view.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.