Just to verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamala

5 Year Member
Hi All!!
I just want to verify everything is set up correctly, I know you are probably sick of hearing or answering but I keep finding contradicting information!

baby Leopard 2"
Enclosure is 36"Lx18"Wx15"H
substrate is mixed play sand with coconut choir about 3"deep
has food dish, water dish, hide house, flat slate rock, two large river rocks, and a few small ones.

75watt basking light, 18" T8 UVB, 50-60% humidity low side temp is 76.5 high side 92.5-94

feeding romaine and spring greens, dusted with calcium w/o d3 4 days a week, with d3 2 days a week, and multi vitamins with d3 once a week.

Soaking in warm water for 10 minutes every other day.

Thanx guys!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I would loss the sand and get cypress mulch get a variety of greens and some cactus up the soak to 15-or so minute every day

Mike_

5 Year Member
Oro Valley, AZ
We also just got (2) new baby Leopard Torts, how do they get around in the coir and sand? Ours looked like they were swimming in it. We are thinking of adding 2 inch rocks in the mix (ours is all Eco Earth). We had last minute concerns with the top soil we were going to mix with in. So, back to researching what to use.

Calamala

5 Year Member
Mike_ said:
We also just got (2) new baby Leopard Torts, how do they get around in the coir and sand? Ours looked like they were swimming in it. We are thinking of adding 2 inch rocks in the mix (ours is all Eco Earth). We had last minute concerns with the top soil we were going to mix with in. So, back to researching what to use.

He gets around just fine. I put the sand in first then the choir and just put my hand in and tossed it a few times, almost like mixing meatloaf...lol. If it is to soft, maybe try a layer of timothy hay on top, they can nibble on it and hide in it...but I am a newbie too, so see if other people post!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
If they are getting natural sunlight, you won't need to use the d3. Watch the sand sometimes they can eat it and get impacted, last thing are any of the bulbs coil ones? Sounds like you are getting all your bases covered!! Good job!!

Calamala

5 Year Member
Torty Mom said:
If they are getting natural sunlight, you won't need to use the d3. Watch the sand sometimes they can eat it and get impacted, last thing are any of the bulbs coil ones? Sounds like you are getting all your bases covered!! Good job!!

Most of the sand is covered with a layer of choir, and no! the uvb is a tube and heat is just bulb. But I still can not get my humidity where I want it? It keeps dropping to below 40, I am misting 2 times a day with hot water. Any suggestions?
BTW THANX :D

Status
Not open for further replies.