Kamp Kenan

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Exactly. Constantly comparing multiple sources.

I agree first I consult my Leopard torts then my Greek torts , then my Marginals , then the Herrmans , then my Egyptians, then my Russians , then my AZ desert torts and then I check with my Box turtles . Cause they all know more about torts then anybody on the Internet other then right here on the TFO ![emoji217]

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I’m a new member still waiting for my tort to be born.

I enjoy Kenan’s channel.

Could you tell me some specifics he gets wrong do I won’t replicate his mistakes?
Thanks.
I first found Kamp Kenan before TFO. He had the black tub with about 15 young sulcata's in there but said that was just for the video.
And he did say he doesn't like to send sulcata's any farther north than N.C.
So I got the black tub and living in Florida had the humidity in the warm months. But unfortunately he never spoke about humidity % and for awhile Opo was kept dry inside. That's when I found TFO and learned about closed enclosures.

I would have done a different enclosure.
So my fault for not doing more research.

Quixx66

Louisiana
I first found Kamp Kenan before TFO. He had the black tub with about 15 young sulcata's in there but said that was just for the video.
So I got the black tub and living in Florida had the humidity in the warm months. But unfortunately he never spoke about humidity % and for awhile Opo was kept dry inside. That's when I found TFO and learned about closed enclosures.

Thanks, Ray—Opo. I guess I’ll watch KK just for entertainment and stick to TFO and breeder info.

Quixx66

Louisiana
Opportunity to educate Kamp Kenan!

He’s started a channel for people to upload their videos about how they keep their animals.

Great opportunity for our experts and members I should think.

It’s called Kamp Kenan Army.

goo.gl/bEVFJJ

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks, Ray—Opo. I guess I’ll watch KK just for entertainment and stick to TFO and breeder info.
He has some good info and he lives in humid Florida. I also live in Florida but winters get to cool for a young sulcata. Like you I enjoy the videos but TFO hasn't let me down.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Opportunity to educate Kamp Kenan!

He’s started a channel for people to upload their videos about how they keep their animals.

Great opportunity for our experts and members I should think.

It’s called Kamp Kenan Army.

goo.gl/bEVFJJ
Thanks I will check that out

North Carolina

I think he keeps his hatchings outdoors. He does live in south Florida were the humidity is higher the some of ours. Maybe he doesn’t need a closed chamber enclosure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think he keeps his hatchings outdoors. He does live in south Florida were the humidity is higher the some of ours. Maybe he doesn’t need a closed chamber enclosure.
Outdoors all the time is bad for babies, regardless of climate. They just don't do well. Indoors everybody has heat for winter and AC for summer, both of which dry things out excessively. Even in South Florida, a person still needs a closed chamber indoors to maintain proper heat and humidity for a baby of any tropical species.

North Carolina
Outdoors all the time is bad for babies, regardless of climate. They just don't do well. Indoors everybody has heat for winter and AC for summer, both of which dry things out excessively. Even in South Florida, a person still needs a closed chamber indoors to maintain proper heat and humidity for a baby of any tropical species.

Yes

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I agree and being that I live in Florida also. I thought it was a good idea. But then the weather cooled down and had to bring Opo inside. I am sure he has humid inside accommodations. I would love to go see his place.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
@Ray--Opo don't be hard on yourself at least you were willing to learn to do better for your tortie. It just sickens me when new folks come on and refuse to listen
Thanks hanging around here on TFO. I noticed sometimes a new member will post...... I have read all the threads here on my species before I bought my tort. This is the enclosure...... and it's all wrong. Or the knowledgeable members here give advice to deaf ears.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks hanging around here on TFO. I noticed sometimes a new member will post...... I have read all the threads here on my species before I bought my tort. This is the enclosure...... and it's all wrong. Or the knowledgeable members here give advice to deaf ears.
Our goal is to help the tortoises of the world. Some people either can't be reached, or they wish to remain willfully ignorant. I still try. It's their tortoise that suffers when I fail, so I try not to fail to reach them. Luckily, most people are reasonable. They may be skeptical at first, and that is totally understandable and justified, but hopefully the message gets through eventually.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Our goal is to help the tortoises of the world. Some people either can't be reached, or they wish to remain willfully ignorant. I still try. It's their tortoise that suffers when I fail, so I try not to fail to reach them. Luckily, most people are reasonable. They may be skeptical at first, and that is totally understandable and justified, but hopefully the message gets through eventually.
After all the advice you have given here on TFO and you are still willing to. I wish new members could grasp instantly the knowledge you and other members have. It's hard to convey that thru text