Kona is home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
He is resting here next to me right now. He is pulled inside himself pretty tight, dont think he is feeling well. I've never seen him sleep or rest like that. Maybe the pain meds are wearing off. I have Metacam for him starting tomorrow. The vet did say that he had some good moments of spunky-ness during the day and felt good about his attitude. Kona is an outgoing guy. Big Ol' Moe is the shy one.

The surgery was pretty much, Chop-chop just like Doc Todd said it would be. She simply cut it back as close as she could. Sorry Nay nothing real brain surgery-like. Clamp the thing and chop-chop. lol ... that does seem kinda crude.

So now its just time to heal. He'll get better ... he is the toughest Tort on the planet and he is all mine. Altho he probably hates me thinking I'm the cause of his pain. Well ... long day, good night.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Glad he is home! I bet if you feed him his favorite treat you would see he still loves you!! I am so glad and happy for you that the surgery went well. Speedy recovery wishes are coming your way!! :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Glad to hear that the surgery went well:) hope he gets back to his old self soon:)

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Thanks all .... He seems better this morning. I gave him a 30min soak then tried to get him to eat a hibiscus flower so I could put his pain meds on it. No luck with that but he started grazing so when he opened up for a bite I stuck the syringe in. No problem :) He is still grazing so thats a good thing. I stayed home from work so I can keep an eye on him today. I was going to make him a temp. indoor enclosure but Vet said it wasnt needed. I think tho I'll bring back in anyway when he is done eating. Its cool today @ 57 degrees. It rained a little too so he can get more moisture from the grass.

M

Maggie Cummings

Kona is very lucky to have a Mommy like you...If he had any other he'd be dead for sure...good job...I am proud of you...

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
maggie3fan said:
Kona is very lucky to have a Mommy like you...If he had any other he'd be dead for sure...good job...I am proud of you...

Thank you Maggie, you have no idea how much I appreciate that comment.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I can't believe that he can be soaked already. :( Does he have stitches or staples? Wow it's amazing what can be done to these little guys and they survive through it. I hope he starts feeling better really soon. :) Thanks for the update and you are a very good tortoise mommy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.