Lady Gag Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
I couldn't help but notice this.... Did anyone else wonder why on earth Lady Gaga looks hideous on her newer "Alejandro" video compared to the "Bad Romance" video?

Bad Romance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&feature=av2e
Alejandro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA&feature=av2e

I hadn't seen her a lot and I don't watch TV much, but I went from thinking she was, in a weird way, kinda a babe in Bad Romance, to trying to prevent myself from dry-heaving watching "Alejandro." Maybe she was just so computer animated in one and less in the other..... I'm ok with checking out a fake digital chick, but she should have done it in both.... Personally, I think she's a complete idiot, but that's just my opinion :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just watched the video Alejandro and I still do not get what her song is about?!

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
she's pretty annoying to listen to, but up until the alejandro video (like Tyler pointed out) she was HOT!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Part of it is the really stark haircut in Alejandro. It brings attention to her worst features and downplays her best features.

I can easily say I don't want my daughters to EVER see that video... One more reason to not have cable....

BlackMountain412

5 Year Member
kyryah said:
Part of it is the really stark haircut in Alejandro. It brings attention to her worst features and downplays her best features.

I can easily say I don't want my daughters to EVER see that video... One more reason to not have cable....

You can google what that song means... theres answers for it :p

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Lady Gaga is not meant for kids, fortunately there are on/ off buttons and channel changers, I enjoy Gaga's music & the videos are campy fun...IMHO...

-JM

5 Year Member
Most of her music is pretty good. It's nice when I'm on a long car trip--keeps me awake. The videos are weird. I like Bad Romance's video. Alejandro...not so much. Some of her other vids are too weird for me as well.

I am not certain that the video for Alejandro has anything to do with the song. Same for her other videos. Of course I could be wrong, but I mean...look at Telephone. Seriously. (that was another one where she wasn't so very pretty.)

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
Gaga is a marketing and pop culture genius. I actually think she is asexual in appearance and not overly feminine. She plays up her boring physical features by using some really cool makeup techniques. In the last video she uses like a light eye liner which makes her look extra creepy.

As long as she can keep producing weirdness and artists like Kesha and Christina Aguilera keep ripping her off, she'll be around for a while. Those catchy Euro type club beats are very popular right now, even Usher is using them.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I love Lady Gaga. She's kinda out there and she loves to make a statement. I loved the Alejandro vid, because it wasn't your typical club song video. She likes to "say" something with her videos more than her lyrics. I think her sound is really evolving and that she has come along way from her first hit *Just Dance*. I think she's beautiful. How easy would it be to alter herself with plastic surgery to better fit into the hollywood symmetrical, perfect button nose norm? She dares leave her face the way she got it. I applaud her!

And her songs are catchy as hell ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
While I don't like her music I always thought she was attractive, but recently it is like something changed, of course I try not to comment on other's music tatse since mine are a bit eclectic.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I haven't even seen the videos. What happend to MTV being a music video channel. I do like her music, it is better than most the stuff on the station my 11 year old listens to.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Love her. She has so many different looks I can't believe it. It must have taken forever to make those. Tyler it doesn't surprise me that you liked the first one better then the second, don't you know why? :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thought I would mention that my 4 1/2 yr old goddaughter LOVES Lady Gaga she used to ask us to play the Ma-ma-mah song (Pokerface) but now she asks for Lady Gaga by name. I don't think I'll sit her down in front of the music videos, but if she wants to dance to the music I have no problem with that :)

Ceilidh_Eliza

5 Year Member
Reading, UK
I'm not really into the Gaga, but I think she has a fantastic voice if you've heard her sing live! I would buy her album if she did just her singing and playing the piano...

chadk

10 Year Member!
Personally I think she is all hype. And there may be something to the rumer that she is transexual. But who knows...

She has no class. Like Madonna, it is all about trying to shock and push the limits and that gets old and worn out (like Madonna) pretty fast.

I find it amuzing that she boycotted Arizona. And even funnier that she boycotted it by actually going there and performing! LOL. And of course she had to try to spin it to make it seem like the right choice...
What is really ironic is that she boycotted Arizona for having the nerve to expect people to be in the state\country legally with valid papers to prove it... Yet I bet she had pretty tight security to ensure only valid, $$$ paying ticket holders were allowed in... Hmmmmm....

But this sealed it for me. She is a freak. My kids will never listen to her...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1-1Nt5qgqk&feature=player_embedded

TylerStewart said:
I couldn't help but notice this.... Did anyone else wonder why on earth Lady Gaga looks hideous on her newer "Alejandro" video compared to the "Bad Romance" video?

Bad Romance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&feature=av2e
Alejandro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA&feature=av2e

I hadn't seen her a lot and I don't watch TV much, but I went from thinking she was, in a weird way, kinda a babe in Bad Romance, to trying to prevent myself from dry-heaving watching "Alejandro." Maybe she was just so computer animated in one and less in the other..... I'm ok with checking out a fake digital chick, but she should have done it in both.... Personally, I think she's a complete idiot, but that's just my opinion :)

Besides CGI, it is pretty easy to use body doubles for certain shots...

As for the why the progression - they want to build a base of fans and get acceptance from the average person as if she is your typical mainstream performer, and then they pull stunts like that video I attached. She is making her niche by being a freak show and pushing the limits. Younger folks think it is cutting edge and so daring and bold... no, it is just the marketing machine that knows you dont' remember every artist before that did all those same things...

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Aaah, we fell right into the trap. This is exactly why she is number 1 everywhere. We have a 2 page thread going on a TORTOISE FORUM about her. Whether the comments are good or bad, it's what she's aiming for. I've never seen a video or listened to an entire song of her's. Just not my thing. She does seem like a freak, but that's what they said about Twisted Sister when I was growing up. Yeah, I've seen them several times in concert. 80's metal baby!!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Meg90 said:
I love Lady Gaga. She's kinda out there and she loves to make a statement. I loved the Alejandro vid, because it wasn't your typical club song video. She likes to "say" something with her videos more than her lyrics. I think her sound is really evolving and that she has come along way from her first hit *Just Dance*. I think she's beautiful. How easy would it be to alter herself with plastic surgery to better fit into the hollywood symmetrical, perfect button nose norm? She dares leave her face the way she got it. I applaud her!

And her songs are catchy as hell ;)

I agree!!

Meg90 said:
Thought I would mention that my 4 1/2 yr old goddaughter LOVES Lady Gaga she used to ask us to play the Ma-ma-mah song (Pokerface) but now she asks for Lady Gaga by name. I don't think I'll sit her down in front of the music videos, but if she wants to dance to the music I have no problem with that :)

My cousins' 2-year old recognizes any Lady Gaga song on the radio. She always says "Gaga" when one of the songs come on...it's actually pretty crazy how she recognizes her songs!
My kids at work were obsessed with Poker Face last summer ;)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
chadk said:
She is making her niche by being a freak show and pushing the limits. Younger folks think it is cutting edge and so daring and bold... no, it is just the marketing machine that knows you dont' remember every artist before that did all those same things...

Ahem... Marylin Manson much?

Elton John?

Madonna?

Alice Cooper?

Ozzy Osbourne?

KISS?

I could go on forever. Each unique, each with their own platform (crazy videos, sex, biting heads off bats (lol) make-up....)

To each their own, eh? But this is not the first time "it" has been done, nor the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.