Lamps and bulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
How many lamps would I need for my Stars future enclosure, 5ft x 2.5ft x 1.5ft? Also what size lamps? 14cm?
Also how much watts mercury vapor bulbs would be needed for both the Stars?

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irvine, CA
samstar said:
How many lamps would I need for my Stars future enclosure, 5ft x 2.5ft x 1.5ft? Also what size lamps? 14cm?
Also how much watts mercury vapor bulbs would be needed for both the Stars?

A single 100W MVB over one end of the enclosure would be enough. As long as the temperature on that end is 85-90 and no lower than 65ish on the other end, you don't need any other heat bulbs. Depending on how your setup is, you could use a single long fluorescent bulb across the top of the enclosure for some UVB and normal light. If your room is adequately lit with sunlight then the single MVB should be enough.

samstar

5 Year Member
Thanks, My table will be placed at my patio where it gets a lot of daylight. Also the temp in my region is 25-35 degrees celcius throughtout the year.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Nobody can really say what will be enough. I'd start with one and get your thermometers in place to measure your hot and cool side and day and night temps. you may find that your night drop is too much for example, and then want to add a CHE for night time use. But the best way to figure this out is to measure temps and adjust from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.