leopard hatchling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
i have a baby leopard about 2months old i have him in a plastic 50g tub is it normal for them to constantly try to climb the corners and pace i mean he does this constantly always flipping over in the corners. none of my other torts have ever done this is this a thing with the leopards or is it being in a new place? i thought he might be seeing his reflection so i put tape around the outside but he still does it.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
does he have a hide box? Set up two hide spots. One dry and one humid. Also tortoises will always try to walk threw clear walls.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
What type of 50gal tub is it? Is it semi-see through?

scotth42

10 Year Member!
yea it's like a blueish see thru but it put tape around the sides. i also tried one that was a solid color he does the same thing.i did have a hide and if i put it in he will go in it and stop but i have also been told to remove the hide or they'll just want to stay in the dark all day witch he does. so should i put it back?

fordohio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
When our Leopard was that young. He(or she) always tried to get out. We started with a glass aquarium. I had read they would try to get out of clear places. So I put a strip of tape around the base so he couldn't see out. He thought he could climb over the tape. And would flip over alot trying to climb over it. When I took off the tape he quit trying.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Put the hide box back in. Tortoises will get really stressed out with out a safe secure place for them to rest. Along with a regulare hide spot , make a humid hide.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
i put the hide back it helped but he is going off trying to get out i put rocks in the corners but now he just climbs them
i even put him in a solid color bin and he still does it very active. his temps are 93 basking side 73 in his cool hide 79 in his humid log i just have never seen a little dude with so much energy but i am worried if he keeps this up when he is bigger i might have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.