lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
whats the best type of lighting for baby leopard tortoises? i need a full spectrum bulb and i dont know what i should buy, suggestions? let me know..

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I don't have a leo but I like The Mercury Vapor Lamps. Heat UVB and UVA in one bulb. I currently use the T-Rex 100 watt for my greeks.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
Crazy1 said:
I don't have a leo but I like The Mercury Vapor Lamps. Heat UVB and UVA in one bulb. I currently use the T-Rex 100 watt for my greeks.
hi i agree i use the megaray for my leopard hatchlings and they are really active although they do spend most afternoons outdoors this time of year.
terry

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
terrypin said:
Crazy1 said:
hi i agree i use the megaray for my leopard hatchlings and they are really active although they do spend most afternoons outdoors this time of year.
terry

I use ReptiSun 10 (NOT ReptiGlo 10) long fluorescent bulbs along with halogen light bulbs for heat when the temps go back down. Right now everyone is outside getting natural sun. They are so much more active with the outdoor sun.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.