Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I am going to need to replace my Russian tort's uvb bulb soon and once again overwhelmed with the choices. I currently use the Flourescent Repti Sun, 18". I replace it every 6 months and this will be the second time replacing. Other than using the Powersun bulb, I am wondering what is the best UVB Fluorescent bulb to use between the Zilla, Zoo Med or Exo Terra brand? Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you!

mikeh

5 Year Member
Powersun bulb is not necessarily the best choice. If you want to go all out look into Arcadia T5 ho 3D+. In my opinion these get the closest to natural sunlight, and last longer then standard T8 tubes. The new zoomed reptisun ho T5 is also a good choice. If you have T8 hood you will need to change to T5 hood. T5 ho bulbs provide twice as much visible light and more/better spectrum UVB then T8. I would stay away from Zilla at all cost. Test I've seen showed sub par UVB spectrum.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
mikeh said:
Powersun bulb is not necessarily the best choice. If you want to go all out look into Arcadia T5 ho 3D+. In my opinion these get the closest to natural sunlight, and last longer then standard T8 tubes. The new zoomed reptisun ho T5 is also a good choice. If you have T8 hood you will need to change to T5 hood. T5 ho bulbs provide twice as much visible light and more/better spectrum UVB then T8. I would stay away from Zilla at all cost. Test I've seen showed sub par UVB spectrum.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Thank you very much for your input. I will look into the Arcadia.

Status
Not open for further replies.