liquid calcuim supplement?

Whitneyrae

Has anyone used the liquid calcuim supplements? on the bottle it says dump into their water, or for best results open your torts mouth and squirt some in with a syringe....that seems like it would cause a lot of stress to your tort doesn't it? just wondering if anyone has used it and if it works! thanks :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I have used it both ways with very sick, soft tortoises. It can work - it just depends on how sick the tortoise already is. I never use it on healthy eating tortoises. The healthy ones only get cuttlebone and high calcium greens.

katrvt

5 Year Member
It depends on what liquid calcium you have. I use calcium glubionate, also called neocal glucon, which I get from work. It absorbs a bit better than calcium carbonate. I do not give it directly, I place a couple of drops on the daily salad(usually on something I am nearly positive my tort will eat) two to three times weekly.

Whitneyrae

Awesome! thanks guys! Right nw i am just wetting her greens and dumping a little powdered calcuim supplement on there, I think I will try the spray calcium and vitamin supplement on her greens :)