Look at what my wife got me

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here is Dozer today. The wait when i got him was 2.3 oz. Now it 16 oz. He has some water makes on the front of his shell so now I am soaking him I figi bottle water only the best for this guy .

Attachments

• 1381975396951.jpg
    1381975396951.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1381975423953.jpg
    1381975423953.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 110

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Curious, as I just received mine from Tom yesterday (I already have two rescue adult Sulcata)...

How long until he seemed comfortable I his new enclosure? Is he comfortable with you and seem to have accepted you into his tortoise life?

Love to hear your experience in the first few months, and how he's changed personality-wise.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Fabulousity! Dozer looks fabulous. I love his little roundy shape and the little flares. Very cute indeed. A wonderful papa, you are! : )

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Look at what my wife got me

SenjiSandy said:
Curious, as I just received mine from Tom yesterday (I already have two rescue adult Sulcata)...

How long until he seemed comfortable I his new enclosure? Is he comfortable with you and seem to have accepted you into his tortoise life?

Love to hear your experience in the first few months, and how he's changed personality-wise.

He does not like anything in his enclosure changed for sure . He does not like being picked up . He will shake and move his feet around till you put him down . He loves to be soaked in warm water. He is on a six am feeding schedule. If you don't get his food in there on time he messes up the water bowel and digs holes all in his enclosure. That is why we named him Dozer . For the most part he is not like my other torts he is not into being missed with. But thats ok .

BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Fabulousity! Dozer looks fabulous. I love his little roundy shape and the little flares. Very cute indeed. A wonderful papa, you are! : )

Thank you . I try to give him everything he needs . This little guy has a big attitude . He's funny does not like to be bothered like an old man .

sibi said:
Awesome baby! One of Tom's...well you are so fortunate. Nice wife too.

No he is not one of Tom's. The wife got him from a local breeder / pet shop owner.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
mike taylor said:
SenjiSandy said:

He does not like anything in his enclosure changed for sure . He does not like being picked up . He will shake and move his feet around till you put him down . He loves to be soaked in warm water. He is on a six am feeding schedule. If you don't get his food in there on time he messes up the water bowel and digs holes all in his enclosure. That is why we named him Dozer . For the most part he is not like my other torts he is not into being missed with. But thats ok .

BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:

Thank you . I try to give him everything he needs . This little guy has a big attitude . He's funny does not like to be bothered like an old man .

I just noticed that my little guys will wiggle almost violently when someone other than myself or my niece, who baby sits regularly, picks them up. not sure why, but I think its neat. LOL...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Look at what my wife got me

Saleama said:
mike taylor said:
SenjiSandy said:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:

I just noticed that my little guys will wiggle almost violently when someone other than myself or my niece, who baby sits regularly, picks them up. not sure why, but I think its neat. LOL...

Yep my tort will do it no matter who picks him up . I don't let people hold or pet any of my torts but I do let them hand feed them . I'm scarred of them being dropped. Because people just don't get how fragile they are .

sburgess1217

5 Year Member
As everyone has conveyed, great wife! My husband purchased our first Sulcata which was about the size of yours. He later got me one for Xmas. Then, we adopted a couple that were sick and needed care. We now have 6 Sulcata's and one Russian. When we adopted a few, they had pneumonia and were extremely dehydrated. We were so worried they wouldn't make it, but with lots of TLC, they did! That was about 3 years ago. Recently, one of the ones we adopted just had a prolapsed penis. I am working on that issue now.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I just adopted a 30 lbs sulcata from Kelly. He has a crack in his shell but is healing fine . Does not seem to bother him . He eats and walks fine. Here is a picture of him .

Attachments

• 1382232659746.jpg
    1382232659746.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 1382232679575.jpg
    1382232679575.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 1382232703536.jpg
    1382232703536.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 48

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Congrats on the new tortoise. To a good home. His journey took him to you. So cool.
Now, about this: "He's funny does not like to be bothered like an old man"
That is called spoiled brat! LOL! : )

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had to up grade Dozer's enclosure. It is now 20 "/5' . I picked up this tank at a resale shop for $40.00 . Dozer love it .

Attachments

• 1384130507872.jpg
    1384130507872.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 56