Look what my Mother found today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
View attachment 10187View attachment 10188 This is a little garden visitor my mother gets every year. Today, she was cleaning the weeds around her a/c and this is what she discovered. I think it is a Box Turtle.... Can anyone I.D. please. I told her how lucky she was and to just let it be. She was so excited though and had to send me the pictures. So, here are my 72 y.o. Mother's pictures of her find.

DixieParadise said:
This is a little garden visitor my mother gets every year. Today, she was cleaning the weeds around her a/c and this is what she discovered. I think it is a Box Turtle.... Can anyone I.D. please. I told her how lucky she was and to just let it be. She was so excited though and had to send me the pictures. So, here are my 72 y.o. Mother's pictures of her find.

I forgot to mention that she lives in Shawnee Ok

Last edited by a moderator:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Looks like a very nice box turtle, can't help with what kind. But what a great thing to have a visitor like that all the time..

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Pretty little Three Toed ;)

I agree it is a lucky find, I would have your mother definitely set out a shallow pan of water and maybe some strawberries or raspberries for her occasionally. If she makes it a friendly place for her she will stick around.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Thanks everyone, I will let her know. She thinks it lives under her back steps. She was very excited...I did tell her to leave it alone and let it live happily with her under her steps. She is going to check on it every day to make sure that it is out of harms way when she lets her little dogs out. I told her how lucky she was to have such a beautiful thing in her yard.

Saloli

10 Year Member!
Today is my birthday!
Brownsville Texas
DixieParadise said:
This is a little garden visitor my mother gets every year. Today, she was cleaning the weeds around her a/c and this is what she discovered. I think it is a Box Turtle.... Can anyone I.D. please. I told her how lucky she was and to just let it be. She was so excited though and had to send me the pictures. So, here are my 72 y.o. Mother's pictures of her find.

DixieParadise said:

I forgot to mention that she lives in Shawnee Ok

hey just a side question are you Native (Indian)? I have some relatives out there I'm Cherokee (Ani Tsalagi).

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
No, just my family was in the oil business what back in the depression era. They got out, but stayed in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.