Looking for an adult or young adult Russian Tortoise

By-Tort&Snowdog

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Just wondering if anyone here breeds or has any ideas where I could find a captive breed and healthy Russian tortoise? I'm not set up for a hatchling, and finding a healthy non wild-caught one locally has been troubling. I care very much for the tortoise's safety and well being, so if anyone knows of any reputable breeders that would help. Still looking through the vendor reviews and was shocked at some of the sad stories from companies who don't really care for the animals....

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Hi,

It’ll be hard to find an adult. I would love a mature CB Russian myself, but I haven’t been able to find one. Most, if not all, breeders will only have CB babies.

Why are you opposed to a hatchling? The setup isn’t as complicated as it seems. Also, there are many reputable breeders here on the forum, along with all the information you could possibly need.

By-Tort&Snowdog

Minnesota
Hi,

It’ll be hard to find an adult. I would love a mature CB Russian myself, but I haven’t been able to find one. Most, if not all, breeders will only have CB babies.

Why are you opposed to a hatchling? The setup isn’t as complicated as it seems. Also, there are many reputable breeders here on the forum, along with all the information you could possibly need.

We have our enclosure build as an open top. I thought the babies need a closed top with high humidity? I think if we put a top on the humidity would make the enclosure rot a bit

Last edited: