Looking to adopet a tortoise solcsta miami florida gat 1 acere

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
That's very nice but I don't think it will be suitable for a Sulcata for very long and it doesn't seem to have much grass or weed coverage. But it's very pretty

Correction make that no grass or weeds :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
are you going to seed it with grass? is it protected from people passing by who might want to steal him? and how tough/strong are those walls? I think my guys would knock them over and they arent full grown.. how far under the ground are they?

Im sure there is a rescue in Florida that would be willing to talk to you about housing a sulcata in need.
The picture you posted is good size area for one. You will need to plant it and also have some sort of house for one.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks very nice. Is that you in the picture working hard on the enclosure? Add the items suggestioned to your enclosure and I am sure one sulcata will be very happy:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh wow, Tom: That's a beautiful enclosure! Its plenty big for a sulcata, and if you start with a smaller tortoise, he'll get used to his boundaries and probably won't try to test the fence later when he gets big. But if you put a big sulcata in there, he's going to want to try to escape, and your fence, very pretty and picturesque, won't hold him.

tom911

5 Year Member
Ok I wall try. Wes no mistake I gat 1
M 20 inch I m very involve Wes the Weild life adopt shin center they came to my Hoom to inspect the enclosure .
They Wes very happy Wes my work the polls r between 3 to 4 ft in the groaned and Tay Wes wiring metal( duplicate) off Indian cage thet I sow and dream in the past u cannot nook those pole !
I gat fence Wes gate u cannot stile
I have several difrant Animal no problem!
Ok . Naw wode u welling to halp mi find mi big sulcata if my cage is or well by small I well make it bigger
Tx

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm sorry, your postings are just too cute:D. Sounds like you are almost set to get your tortoise, correct? You are looking for a large sulcata? A small sulcata? Or do you already have one from the adoption center you are getting?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It sounds like you are getting one? You can only put one big one in your enclosure.
if they came out and inspected.. wait.. one will come soon.

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
OH, Tom you are cute so cute. It's tough to read but I get it now. I thought you were a kid from the first post, beautiful place you have for your new best friend. Good luck!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tom: Please understand that more than one sulcata in the same pen will fight. Especially if they're both male. And one of them might end up dead.

tom911

5 Year Member
Ok . Naw how can halp mi to get my
Giant ....? Large turtles?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
DanaLachney said:
bigred said:
If you understand redneck

Sorry meant to say if you understand redneck you can understand that just fine:D:D:D:D:D

LOLOLOL I'm from Louisiana I understand Redneck :D :D :D

Then w will get along juuuuust fiiine:D

tom911 said:

Looks like a great place for a couple torts

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
can somone post a few rescue links for him? Im not sure he understands.. or? its been mentioned he go thru one, but he keep asking for help getting one..
Florida Peeps... any sugestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.