Looking to adopt Hermann, Russian, or Greek

Joshuasyoung124

Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Hey there!

Looking for a tortoise to adopt! I am looking for a smaller tortoise for a 75gal tank. I am willing to travel as needed and cover shipping cost as needed.

I currently live in Richmond VA
Please reach out to me via PM!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
No tortoise can be kept in a tank as a permanent home. It’s much too small for them to be healthily kept. Lots of people do it, but it’s not good for them, and really is cruel.

please read this. It’s a lot of information but it’s great you are researching before you actually buy one:

PollyAda

West Midlands, England
Welcome to the forum Joshua.

A well cared for tortoise makes for a happy keeper, so best to read through the thread SinLA linked for you to give you an idea of what you'll be committing to. Upskilling yourself in proper tortoise husbandry now will save you difficulties down the line, and your future tortoise will thank you for it, especially if you adopt one that has been kept in a small tank!

Which species are you interested in adopting? Lots of information available on the forum regarding species specific care. There are also care sheets linked at the bottom of the 'Info for new people' thread.

Joshuasyoung124

Richmond, VA
thanks for sharing!

Currently looking for Russian, Greek or Egyptian. I have been researching now for about a month. Learning all I can to be the best parent possible.