Looking to possibly rehome my Aldabra.

chickenwingz123

Location (City and/or State)
Lackawanna
I have owned Scrambles for just over 5 years now, a ex girlfriend of mine bought him and left shortly after. He is a great tortoise and has a very nice attitude, Right now i have him in a ventilated heated 8'x16'x4' box in my living room for the winter and have him in a heated shed/dog house for the summer. scrambles was about 4 pounds when i got him and now weighs over 20. if anyone is interest please let me know. i can post photos as well.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, 20 plus pounds at 5 years old seems way low. Yvonne's 7 year olds was over 150 pounds.
I hope you find him a home soon, I'm afraid he hasn't had the proper care
Post a pic and possibly a video of him walking. (Videos have to go thru YouTube to be posted on here)
Btw, if you are selling him, we will have to delete your post as you have not met the rules to sell.
I home you are just rehoming him as like I said, he may need some recovery care.

chickenwingz123

Lackawanna
Wow, 20 plus pounds at 5 years old seems way low. Yvonne's 7 year olds was over 150 pounds.
I hope you find him a home soon, I'm afraid he hasn't had the proper care
Post a pic and possibly a video of him walking. (Videos have to go thru YouTube to be posted on here)
Btw, if you are selling him, we will have to delete your post as you have not met the rules to sell.
I home you are just rehoming him as like I said, he may need some recovery care.

chickenwingz123

Lackawanna
I met this girl when i was 18 and only was seeing her for a month and then she bought me this tortoise for my birthday, i didnt see her much longer after that but she left me scrambles, not the ideal tortoise for a 18 year old kid.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I met this girl when i was 18 and only was seeing her for a month and then she bought me this tortoise for my birthday, i didnt see her much longer after that but she left me scrambles, not the ideal tortoise for a 18 year old kid.
He looks good but I still think very small for his age
Just be careful of people that contact you. A lot of newbies join just to get a free tortoise so they can sell them.
@ALDABRAMAN are you interested. You have the room for another and the weather.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles

casstom702

Las Vegas
I have owned Scrambles for just over 5 years now, a ex girlfriend of mine bought him and left shortly after. He is a great tortoise and has a very nice attitude, Right now i have him in a ventilated heated 8'x16'x4' box in my living room for the winter and have him in a heated shed/dog house for the summer. scrambles was about 4 pounds when i got him and now weighs over 20. if anyone is interest please let me know. i can post photos as well.
I would be happy to add him to our family and would be willing to pay for shipping. PM me for my number.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Always be very cautious of anyone new joining to respond to a free tortoise threads. Most are likely tortoise flippers and only want free so they can sell it. Also, if they only want free, can they even afford to have a tortoise.

casstom702

Las Vegas
Always be very cautious of anyone new joining to respond to a free tortoise threads. Most are likely tortoise flippers and only want free so they can sell it. Also, if they only want free, can they even afford to have a tortoise.
Very true. If you're referring to me then I'd be happy to introduce myself better: I currently have 12 tortoises. Two adult desert torts, two sulcatas that are 2 yrs old, two 6 month old sulcatas, and 6 baby desert torts. Those last 6 I just got from my son's school. The science teacher decided to set up a tortoise... area (best description for what they have) with a 150 lb sulcata, a 10 lbs sulcata, and a male and female desert tortoise. They did what creatures do and they had 6 hatchlings. The teacher is absolutely clueless of how to care for these animals and fed them nothing but lettuce, tomatoes, and broccoli and had them inside under an a/c vent with no lid, no heat source, and no uva or uvb. Needless to say they all have MBD and were on death's door when I convinced her to let me have them after explaining to her why they are all sick. I converted my shed into an insulated, climate controlled housing area for rescues, mostly hatchlings that people have almost killed. I do my best to give them a second chance and if they recover I adopt them out to people that know how to care for them or are willing to spend time here to learn and get a proper set up. The 4 oldest torts are mine and have their own dedicated habitats. Scambles would join the family and have his own indoor setup in our garage, which is also climate controlled, because of his higher humidity needs. I'm in the process of purchasing an acre and a half property to expand my growing rescue because, currently, Las Vegas's online tortoise rescue only accepts desert torts. Scambles is welcome to join the troop if he still needs a forever home. And I'd gladly pay to ship him here safely.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very true. If you're referring to me then I'd be happy to introduce myself better: I currently have 12 tortoises. Two adult desert torts, two sulcatas that are 2 yrs old, two 6 month old sulcatas, and 6 baby desert torts. Those last 6 I just got from my son's school. The science teacher decided to set up a tortoise... area (best description for what they have) with a 150 lb sulcata, a 10 lbs sulcata, and a male and female desert tortoise. They did what creatures do and they had 6 hatchlings. The teacher is absolutely clueless of how to care for these animals and fed them nothing but lettuce, tomatoes, and broccoli and had them inside under an a/c vent with no lid, no heat source, and no uva or uvb. Needless to say they all have MBD and were on death's door when I convinced her to let me have them after explaining to her why they are all sick. I converted my shed into an insulated, climate controlled housing area for rescues, mostly hatchlings that people have almost killed. I do my best to give them a second chance and if they recover I adopt them out to people that know how to care for them or are willing to spend time here to learn and get a proper set up. The 4 oldest torts are mine and have their own dedicated habitats. Scambles would join the family and have his own indoor setup in our garage, which is also climate controlled, because of his higher humidity needs. I'm in the process of purchasing an acre and a half property to expand my growing rescue because, currently, Las Vegas's online tortoise rescue only accepts desert torts. Scambles is welcome to join the troop if he still needs a forever home. And I'd gladly pay to ship him here safely.

Wasn't referring to you. Just something I post on any free tortoise thread. Most new members that post on them, only post looking for free tortoises. They either flip them or can't afford to buy one. If they can't afford to buy one, they likely can't afford to care for them properly. A lot of the free tortoises are also new members and likely have no clue what can go on or that there are tortoise flippers. The warning to them is so they are well informed and can ask questions, Incase they want their tort to go too a forever home. Most do, some may not care. Still their choice. Glad you shared your info though.