Lots of snow in Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
I had to share this rare occurrence with everyone. We got around 9" of snow, which is a record for the Dallas/Fort Worth area. My dogs sure had fun.

100_1931.jpg

100_1933.jpg

100_1964.jpg

100_1965.jpg

100_1988.jpg

100_1990.jpg

100_1993.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1952.jpg

100_1954.jpg

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Kymiie said:
I love snow... but I always worry for the ice..do you?
Whats it like? Horrendus i bet xx

Normally we only get ice. This was big, fluffy snow. We never see this kind of snow here. Ice is the bad stuff.

M

Maggie Cummings

I love the night pictures. I am not a dog person, but those are really striking...Is the one named Spot???:)

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
maggie3fan said:
I love the night pictures. I am not a dog person, but those are really striking...Is the one named Spot???:)

Thanks! I love how the sky is brown, and the snow looks like a bunch of stars! They are really wonderful dogs. Their names are Abby and Shiner, since he's got a black eye. :O) They were found in a field when they were 10 months old. I think they're part greyhound and great dane. I have the DNA testing kit at work, but I haven't done it yet. I'm very curious to know what they are.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Holy Schmoley! Those are snowflakes? They sure look like stars, and provide such a lovely backdrop for those ethereal snow covered branches. ;)

Impressive photos. :D

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Stephanie Logan said:
Holy Schmoley! Those are snowflakes? They sure look like stars, and provide such a lovely backdrop for those ethereal snow covered branches. ;)

Impressive photos. :D

Thank you! I love photography. I just have your average digital camera. I just got lucky with those. I'm thinking of submitting one of those to the State Fair this year. What do you think?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes. Terry's right. The last one is the best. Quite striking. Let us know if it wins a ribbon! :D

jblayza

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Great pics, thanks for sharing. We haven't had snow here since 85, I remember the fun we had like it was yesterday.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
jblayza said:
Great pics, thanks for sharing. We haven't had snow here since 85, I remember the fun we had like it was yesterday.

I was 5 that year, ha! I wonder if it snowed here that year as well? You're around five hours South right?

jblayza

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
matt41gb said:
jblayza said:

I was 5 that year, ha! I wonder if it snowed here that year as well? You're around five hours South right?

Yeah,4-5 hours, all we get here is cold rain.

M

Maggie Cummings

The name Shiner is so much more inventive than Spot. I like it, and I would agree they are part Greyhound.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
I agree, that last picture is amazing!

I also agree that greyhounds are really sweet dogs, my Dad's best friend was a vet at the racetrack so I got to hang out with the rescues a lot. I'd love to get one eventually.

Thanks for sharing!

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Awesome pics!!! I love the trees with the snow. Great shots!

I'm in the San Antonio area and we just got cold rain for days. My yard's a giant, very shallow pond. I think I would have preferred the snow. :D

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
You don't want this snow. We got 12.5", and it's WET! I had to shovel a bunch of it off the roof at work today because it was so heavy and causing leaks. It's pretty, but hard to deal with. The sun came out and it's all melting and making such a mess. You don't want this.

Status
Not open for further replies.