mail order greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie25

5 Year Member
Does anyone know of any good websites that ship green mixes for reptiles (preferably dandelions)? I know ReptileEats was around last year but I guess they aren't doing the fresh greens anymore because I checked their website (I know they were having shipping problems).

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
well, at my grocery store we have a certain kind of dandilion they sell, its not the typicial you would find on your lawn. have you considered planting seeds ? check out carolinapetsupplys.com, there really good and my sulcatas leopards star and redfoots.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
carolina pet supply has a assortment of weed and grass seeds and even mix sets. You may want to get an idea of what you want, and check out pricing on amazon for larger lot, and in some cases cheaper price.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
they are quite expensive, but there quailty looks really good. i think most of the stuff they offer can be grown for half the price!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
But the thing is, their winter-time customers live in areas where its too cold yet to grow your own. I have a friend back east who raises Manouria tortoises. He always buys these greens during the winter because its convenient for him. He can't find this variety at the store and its too cold to grow his own. I tried them once just to see what it was and the quality was great. However, I can purchase all of the same things at the store, so it didn't work out for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry, Stephanie:

When I first read this thread I just skimmed over your name and thought you were another Stephanie here on the forum. So, I missed one of my important functions as a forum member...

623066anyf4d4aw6.gif

to the forum!!

Please introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your animals!!

Stephanie25

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. I live in Maryland (currently in the middle of a blizzard) and its hard to find quality grocery store greens for my tortoises which is why I was thinking of ordering online. I currently have two Russian tortoises that are 4 and 6 years old.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, if you can afford it, the greens from Reptigreens is a good mixture for Russian tortoises. They will love it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
do they ship by priority mail or something because if you sent out greens thru normal mail, would they not arrive dried and such?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I ordered a bunch last winter. It came in a styrofoam ice chest-like box. It was fresh and fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.