Maks

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Some of you may remember that my fellow co-driver and partner Big Bubba Cummings died unexpectedly last July. The next day a stranger gave me a 4 week old male kitten I named Max. 4 months later I took Max in to be neutered and the Vet told me Max was actually Maxine so I changed her name to Maks because she already came to Max. Anyhow, she was raised with turtles and tortoises. She has always had a very different personality and followed me around as I do my feeding and cleaning. Well, here is another facet in her strange and wonderful personality...she thinks she's a tortoise.
This is Maks...

so057m.jpg

This is Maks picking out a snack...

21b0qow.jpg

because she thinks she's a tortoise she makes sure to get her calcium...she always rubs her chosen leaf in the spilled calcium powder...

xdbiw8.jpg

then she actually eats it...

mbgvnk.jpg

21dg40w.jpg

2nlvn84.jpg

She is a sweet and funny cat with a very different and strange personality. On my own I never would have gotten a new cat as soon after losing one as loved as Bubba. But I am grateful for that stranger lady who gave Maks to me. She has helped me so much thru the mourning period from losing Bubba. I still miss him terribly but when I get sad and cry about Bubba Maks jumps up on my chest and bites my nose just like Bubba used to do. Only there's a big difference between her 10 pounds and his 32 pounds.
One last thing before I go. I was under the tree where I have a seed feeder hanging for the chickadee's and this is what I found. I have kept it moist under a warming light in with a very small tortoise. Anybody think it will actually hatch? And if it does do I feed it ground up worms and crickets n stuff? I don't know why I started this, it gets heavier and I can't see thru it anymore. I figure I'll keep it with the tortoise egg rule, until it either hatches or explodes...

2cdbsd5.jpg

2iku07m.jpg

S

Scooter

Maks is beautiful! At least you know she eats a good balanced diet :D. I hope the bird egg hatches.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Only you Maggie would have a cat with such a wonderful personality. I bet your egg hatches and you will have more great stories to tell us about that lil chick. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bird eggs hatch at different high temperatures...chickens around 100, ducks a little higher, and they need humidity. The mother's body is warm and moist. They also get turned frequently throughout the day and night. It would be good to place it closer to the light so its around 100, however, because you don't know the bird species, you don't know what actual temp to keep it at. Good luck! I hope it hatches for you. Then you need to know if you should feed it seeds, gruel or bugs. Hah!

M

Maggie Cummings

emysemys said:
Bird eggs hatch at different high temperatures...chickens around 100, ducks a little higher, and they need humidity. The mother's body is warm and moist. They also get turned frequently throughout the day and night. It would be good to place it closer to the light so its around 100, however, because you don't know the bird species, you don't know what actual temp to keep it at. Good luck! I hope it hatches for you. Then you need to know if you should feed it seeds, gruel or bugs. Hah!

I researched it, it's a chickadee. I've been keeping it warm by the light and moisten it all thru the day. The only time it's dry is thru the night and I'm a bad enuf bird mama that I ain't gettin up in the night for a bird!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Maks is beautiful and I am sure she is very happy to be with you :)
Good luck with the egg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.