Marginated baby

Chantelle1007

Location (City and/or State)
Stratford, Ontario
Good morning,

My name is Chantelle and my son has recently purchased a baby Marginated tortoise, about 3 months old. We picked Nacho up on Saturday, he is the cutest thing! Loves being soaked, basking, and he eats pretty well too. Unfortunately he hasn't had a poop since the drive home on Saturday. He is eating kale and romain, minimal amount of carrots, had some calcium with D3 on Monday and some mazuri a couple times as well. I'm just not sure if we are doing something wrong or if he is still kind of stressed from the move. Any advice?

Attachments

• 5C7FC870-73BC-48D4-9FF6-6ED75EA0B35A.jpeg
    5C7FC870-73BC-48D4-9FF6-6ED75EA0B35A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

zovick

10 Year Member!
Good morning,

My name is Chantelle and my son has recently purchased a baby Marginated tortoise, about 3 months old. We picked Nacho up on Saturday, he is the cutest thing! Loves being soaked, basking, and he eats pretty well too. Unfortunately he hasn't had a poop since the drive home on Saturday. He is eating kale and romain, minimal amount of carrots, had some calcium with D3 on Monday and some mazuri a couple times as well. I'm just not sure if we are doing something wrong or if he is still kind of stressed from the move. Any advice?
The tortoise will poop eventually. Usually they do so while being soaked in lukewarm water. Soak the tortoise for 15-20 minutes daily in lukewarm water and he should poop within another few days.

It takes a good amount of time for foods to pass through their digestive tracts (5-7 days and more), so if the tortoise emptied his bowels on the trip home, it may still be a few days before what you are feeding it makes its way out the other end.

The diet you mentioned is minimal, by the way. You should expand it with additional foods which can be found in the care sheets on this site.

Heirloom

Location (City and/or State)
Conejo Valley
Good morning,

Is your tortoise doing better now?