Marilgold Double Petite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I bought so seeds today on the off chance they would be ok for Shelby in the Spring I got Nasturtium which i knew were safe but high in Oxalic so they will be fed rarely, Sweet pea which i now know is Toxic so they will be planted away from the enclosure, and Marigold Double Mix. This is were i am struggling to see if it is safe I have found out Marigold Pot or Field is ok but French and Marsh is not safe but i can not find the Double Petite! Does anyone know if this is safe or is it another for the garden?

Also if anyone as a list of flower seeds i can buy to plant for food that would be great

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Here are a few that my crew will eat: pansy, zinnia, campanula, purple nemesia, cosmos, squash flowers, sweet allysum. Pansy flowers are a colder season flower and mine are growing right now.

I grow the squash inside and just give them the flowers and the leaves, they love it.

Campanula and purple nemesia are big favorites at my house.

I could not find anything about the marigold. I know desert marigold is safe. You can email the ladies at The Tortoise Table they are VERY helpful!

I hope this helps a little! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wouldn't think Marigold would be ok to eat. It acts as a repellent in the flower beds and keeps bugs away. Its supposed to be good to keep birds and mammals out of the garden too, but my chickens never thought so.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I wouldn't think Marigold would be ok to eat. It acts as a repellent in the flower beds and keeps bugs away. Its supposed to be good to keep birds and mammals out of the garden too, but my chickens never thought so.

Yer thats what it says on The Tortoise Table for the French and the Marsh ones but it says Pot and Field are ok it does not mention the Double Petite. I have sent them a E mail asking if they do not know i will just plant them in the front Garden as Shelbys Pen is in the back

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Ok i have had a Email from The Tortoise Table And this Marigold is part of the French Marigold family so its a bad one I should have worked that out my self as Petite is a french word lol. O well i thought i would let anyone reading this thread know its like Yvonne said its not good because of the repellent in it, Only Pot And Field Marigold are ok

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Aren't they the nicest people! I wonder if the plants lists are updated when we find things like this out like this?

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Yer they are great they had to check the spelling with me because i missed the i out of Petite lol. I am going to check to see if they added it to the French Marigold page. Thanks for your help

Torty Mom said:
Aren't they the nicest people! I wonder if the plants lists are updated when we find things like this out like this?

S

stells

Could you possibly post a picture... if there is one on the seed packet that will do... [/i]

sorry didn't read the whole thread

Status
Not open for further replies.