Meet me any my Russian tortoise Stevie

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedicewoman

5 Year Member
Hello all,

I've been looking after 2-year-old Stevie for 3 months now and really enjoying it. She's so fascinating to watch, and particularly loves to climb all over me and fall asleep on my elbows whilst I watch TV.

She's fond of her home-grown weeds and loves a bit of red lettuce now and again.

I've joined the forum for help in fine-tuning her environment to suit her needs, particularly in relation to temperature, comfort and exercise.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 62619_10150860880623939_564523938_11702010_774729474_n.jpg
    62619_10150860880623939_564523938_11702010_774729474_n.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 34

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi thedicewoman:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Stevie is a very pretty Russian tortoise. He probably would benefit from a more varied diet. Does she get to go outside and graze?

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum!
Temps and diet are very important.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Hello! :) and tell Stevie I said hello too :D that's adorable that she sleeps in your elbows! Mine won't sit still for a second!! XD but whatever makes them happy right? ;)

thedicewoman

5 Year Member
Hello everyone and thanks for such a warm welcome!

My name is Jenni, and I live in South-West England in a ground-floor flat. Unfortunately, Stevie doesn't have outside space as the landlord is currently carrying out works on the communal garden.

I do grow tortoise-specific weeds for her, and keep lots of leafy greens on standby - kale, red leaf lettuce and chicory. I also include a few pellets of supplement every second day - she particuclarly likes these!

She's not fond of water, and hates her weekly bath, but she does like to roam around the flat every evening.

Her set-up includes UVB and UVA lamps, which are set on a timer for roughly 14 hours a day. She also has a heat mat which is on all the time in her 'hot corner' to keep her cosy.

I'll post a pic as soon as I can for some expert advice!

Thanks all!
Jenni

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Welcome!
Be cautious about letting her wander around your flat. there are hidden dangers.. temps are too cool and she might find something, eat it, and its not good for her.
variety in her diet is what they like. Calcium is a must and so is the sunshine... make sure she gets that as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.