Megaray bulbs now available, next day shipping!

nearpass

10 Year Member!
I took a chance and ordered one on Nov. 19, and sure enough, it was shipped the next day. Received it today and it's set up and working fine.

I used them years ago, but then had such a hard time ordering, I gave up. I'm really thrilled to have one going again :D

http://www.reptileuv.com/

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Yay!!! I was on that very Webpage yesterday looking at ProBiotics and saw the update on the MR.

If shipping were not almost half the price of the bulb, I'd get one. I plan to switch to them, but right now I'm running 5 PowerSuns, so that is a bit out of my budget at the moment, considering I can get a PowerSun from Amazon Prime account for $45.

Soon, though, and so glad to hear they are back and in full force!! [BLACK SUN WITH RAYS]️[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Damnit, stop throwing me curve balls! I'm convinced on ordering the Arcadia t5 HO when the powersun bulbs wear out. Nowwww, I've gotta do more research...sighs...

nearpass

10 Year Member!
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Yay!!! I was on that very Webpage yesterday looking at ProBiotics and saw the update on the MR.

If shipping were not almost half the price of the bulb, I'd get one. I plan to switch to them, but right now I'm running 5 PowerSuns, so that is a bit out of my budget at the moment, considering I can get a PowerSun from Amazon Prime account for $45.

Soon, though, and so glad to hear they are back and in full force!! [BLACK SUN WITH RAYS]️[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Ya, shipping was expensive. I'm hoping that will come down in a bit in time. They did get it here in two days, they have a good warranty, and their bulb was the one I always had the best success with.

nearpass

10 Year Member!
jaizei said:
Do you have a UVB meter?

No. I don't. Infrared temp gun is all I have. What's a reasonable UVB meter to get, and I'll check it out?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Solarmeter 6.2 seems to be the most popular. They're currently sold out, but LightYourReptile had them at a good price.

mikeh

5 Year Member
SolarTech Solar meter 6.2 is the most popular and recommended.
Expensive, but it will open your eyes to whole new world of UVB.
PS: the ones for $20-30 on Amazon are not for use in UVB bulbs application.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Ditto on the SolarTech 6.2, but even used ones are $150-175. I have an eBay saved search hoping one of these days one will come along. It's next on my personal "wish list".

In the meantime, I will just replace my PSs every 5 months. My guys get outside often, and this summer most will be outside full time.

What we should try....and I have considered it...is "renting" a SolarMeter. Example....I buy one, take my readings, then one of you "rents" in from me...away shipping plus $10, passes it to the next to rent. Eventually it comes back to me. Only problem, if someone is not very honest, they keep my expensive meter. I'm unsure how to make that work and not get .....you know.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Re: RE: Megaray bulbs now available, next day shipping!

nearpass said:
I took a chance and ordered one on Nov. 19, and sure enough, it was shipped the next day. Received it today and it's set up and working fine.

I used them years ago, but then had such a hard time ordering, I gave up. I'm really thrilled to have one going again :D

http://www.reptileuv.com/

Whaaat?!
I must have slipped through the cracks then. Ordered mine in July. Nothing yet. I meant to call today, but my day was brutal and I never got a chance. Hopefully I will get to it soon.