MOLD IN Vivarium substrate

reec

Location (City and/or State)
New York
So i woke up this morning to a tiny amount of white mold on my eco earth substrate in my 3 month old baby 3 toed box turtles enclosure. I have a pacman frog that has never had this problem with his eco earth before....Maybe its because I have leaf litter in the turtles enclosure? If anyone has any tips of controlling the mold, since the baby is so small I dont want to have to keep cleaning out the enclosure every week. Plus thats a huge waste of substrate that can get costly. I know theres smarter ways to do this. I just dont know what is it lol Maybe organic soil, and live plants, instead of leaf litter, maybe a clean up crew? but I dont really feel too comfortable about a clean up crew because I dont know much on the topic. Im going to take the afternoon to start researching it. But since I always get such great advice on here. I figured id share with you experts :)

Tortoise76

Florida
I have notice mold in my Russians tank as well. I was going to make my own thread until i saw this. But my mold is different at firs it started as a white fluffy kinda thing and now it is turning black. I removed as much as i could see but it keeps growing back and i don't know what to do either. And my substrate is coco coir as well

reec

New York
I have notice mold in my Russians tank as well. I was going to make my own thread until i saw this. But my mold is different at firs it started as a white fluffy kinda thing and now it is turning black. I removed as much as i could see but it keeps growing back and i don't know what to do either. And my substrate is coco coir as well
CAN WE GET SOME HELP IN HERE?!?! is anybody out there....!!! Can anybody hear ussssss,,,((echo)) lolol