More breeding success....

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
I had another egg in my last clutch in the incubator hatch the other day, and hopefully more will follow in the upcoming days (I have yet to have more than one hatch from the same clutch on the same day... sometimes not even in the same week). I am going to say that I think I have things dialed in now! :) I can't wait to get more eggs now. It seems that my females tend to lay in spurts. They will lay about 3 clutches in a couple of months and then stop laying for a couple of months. Hopefully I'll get more eggs in a couple months.

The hatchling that just came out seems like a slow starter, but I've learned that it's best to just leave them alone and let nature decide which are going to make it. I have yet to lose one, but I know it's a matter of time.

Now that I have the incubator somewhat figured out I really wish that I had known what I do today three years ago. I have thrown away dozens and dozens of eggs because I couldn't incubate them properly!

-ryan-

5 Year Member
Kymiie said:
why have you let to lose one? :(

xx

I said I have yet to lose one, meaning I have never had one die in my care, yet. I know that it is inevitable that at some point one will hatch and will be unable to survive.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
Thanks :) The little one that came out the other day is running around wide awake and alert, so as long as he starts eating in the coming week he should be fine. Still waiting to see if the other two eggs from that clutch are going to hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.