Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Just a quick snap this morning.

444E421F-933B-4A0A-84F4-0D6C593A635D-5077-000005263FCB3119.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Looking Good ,I went to your spot site yesterday looking for recent pics of these, if they are there I couldn't find them.What are the main food items you offer.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yeah I need to update my site pictures, just got a photobucket app which will help, I don't have much time to hop in the computer, I feed mine a variety if things, kale, romain, blueberry, strawberry, tey eat worms every now and then, they have ate the grass that's grown inside the tank, pumpkin squash, I work at a restaraunt and we theow away a bunch if spring mix so use that. Mushrooms are a favorite for these guys, they tend to eat anything I place in front of them, carrots are one thing tho they don't touch lol.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Beautiful tortoise! Does look like he owns that pile of greens.

What web cam do you use?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I got some on dealextreme which is a website that ships from china. It's 5.0 mp or 8.0 mp webcam. Not sure of the brand, but they work great. Plugged it in and it worked perfect. I have two of them they cost like 6 dollars each. I need to set up my server again get the web cam up on my mountains enclosure and debating on if I should have one on my turtles or box turtles. Hmm

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Nice looking mountain torts. And I like your enclosure too, do you put stones and logs there? :D

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yeah there is driftwood, different rocks slate a little of everything.

EC51C9D2-0096-4E0E-B6B6-C42F67ACF327-4811-00000488350F613D.jpg

01F70E79-3725-4BD2-91A5-6C4D1983FC6A-4811-0000048818E1B3DF.jpg

I will have them back outdoors when it's warmer, the terrarium is 6 foot by 2 foot,

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Nice setup,I like the last pic where the 3 of them spotted you and are looking like, 'Well where is the food'. They are one of the worlds biggest beggars. I'm also surprised they don't like carrots,(i boil mine to soften it for the youngsters) all my manouria like just about anything that is orange in color. I also like the filter in the water, how often do you have to change the cartridge.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Oh yeah always looking or good they will all crawl my way when they see me. I will have to try and boil the carrots maybe it's a little to hard for them. The filter I took the filter bad thing out and use filter fiber and a sponge to cap it off. I change it 1 a week or so, depends how often then hop in the dish. It collects most the dirt floating, the bigger dirt drops , and the agitation keeps the water moving so it doesn't stand still. I change the water any time it gets dirty and add to it as it evaporates. Works out well

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
Millerlite said:
Just a quick snap this morning.

444E421F-933B-4A0A-84F4-0D6C593A635D-5077-000005263FCB3119.jpg

They look grate! They love to eat. They also seem to do good in groups as mine will pile up on each other at the end of the day. Of course they might not like each other their just all trying to get the best spot! Older males,"forget about it". Even though captive born you cant take the Nature out of them. "Nature's plan is cruel and inefficient"*(vm) in the case of Manouria. Only one in who knows how many thousands hatch and make it to breeding age of a decade or more. Then the males have mortal combat. In captivity you can get a waaaaay better hatch rate and no tortoises die. I do let the males have supervised combat. It can be just a little bumping or a raming turnover as long as my boot is ready to stop any biting. Most importantly the one you bring into the others enclosure must be the looser. Just seeing the intruder upside down for a half minute is good enough. Even in huge outside enclosures a male can smell/sight another of eather sex. Fighting and breeding...Its been Natures way for 30,000,000 years, and you cant take it out. emysbreeder Vic

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Very good information Vic, always learning from you. When they are older I plan to have them outback in a mini rainforest type environment.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
Great Pics Millerlite!

Love your set up you have for your BMTs
Your Torts seem to be always eating! They sure look good and healthy.
:tort:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They are pigs. Lol they will eat anytime i out food down, they also ate all my kale plants I planted in there enclosure, they had a earth worm last week and liked ate it up. Lol never had an issue with them not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.