My baby Greek - then and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Just a couple of pictures of my little squirt, and how much she has grown and changed! Her color is richer and she is turning into a gorgeous little tort, and still cute as a button ;)

The day she arrived, August 10th (hatch date July 20th.)

KristinasPictures3877.jpg

KristinasPictures3878.jpg

KristinasPictures3869.jpg

This pic was taken the 17th of September.

KristinasPictures3999.jpg

And here she is today :) Funny how the second set of pics with the quarter turned out almost exactly like the first ones!!!

KristinasPictures41346.jpg

KristinasPictures41347.jpg

KristinasPictures41348.jpg

She is so awesome... I love her to death! She is growing nice and slow, steady and smooth just like I wanted. She has an awesome appetite and is very active, very rarely hides. It is funny too that she seems to recognize me - when I hold her, she climbs all over the place. If it is anyone else, she doesn't move a muscle, lol.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
WOW...she is a very pretty tort!! I'd have to agree with you, cute as a button!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks!

Something just clicked for me - we call her "Snack Bite" because of how tiny she is, lol, but I knew she was going to need a big girl name someday...

Well, the dark spot on the first vertebral scute looks like a flower - so her name is Zahra, the Arabic word for "flower." :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohh stop with the adorable hatchling pictures!! You're making me want another little one :p
That is one beautiful little tort! And I love how the quarter pics turned out nearly identical :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
LOL, thanks guys!

Another thing I noticed in the "before" pics was how CLEAN she was... Now that she lives on dirt and has her own little burrow that she dug, she is one dirty little tortoise... :p

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
kyryah said:
Thanks!

Something just clicked for me - we call her "Snack Bite" because of how tiny she is, lol, but I knew she was going to need a big girl name someday...

Well, the dark spot on the first vertebral scute looks like a flower - so her name is Zahra, the Arabic word for "flower." :D

very cute name.. where r u from?? i am originally from Lebanon and i speak arabic...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
She is looking great Kristina :) Your doing a great job with her. :D

Danny

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
tobibaby said:
kyryah said:
Thanks!

very cute name.. where r u from?? i am originally from Lebanon and i speak arabic...

Born and bred in Michigan, actually, lol. All of my tortoises have names in the language of where they come from in the wild ;)

egyptiandan said:
She is looking great Kristina :) Your doing a great job with her. :D

Danny

Thanks Danny ;) Probably going to want a sibling next time you have some available. I LOVE the colors.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Every time I see that cute little thing, I get baby tort envy. She is so cute and looks like a little rolly polly.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Dang, that is a cute baby.

Someday I may actually need to raise a baby instead of adopting abused half-growns. That has to be very rewarding to raise a tortoise right from the get go so they can grow up beautiful and strong. Great Job Kristine! :)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Exactly, Balboa. I have a bunch of tortoises that somebody else already screwed up. I needed a couple that I could raise right!

So, I have my little Greek, and my little Cherryhead... Now I just need a hatchling Sulcata
EvilGrin.png

Status
Not open for further replies.