My Deserts out and about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuppidsarrows

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Thousand oaks, Ca
So I haven't posted in a while and my torts (well one of the, steven) has gotten huge!! His brother on the other hand is given me issues still not eating a whole lot and is still kinda small. Here they are

Steven sleeping!
100_1870.jpg

100_1866.jpg

Luc thinking about eating he decided not to
100_1880.jpg

Brothers!
100_1878.jpg

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
wow.. thats a huge difference in size.. Same age? How old?
I would be tempted to seperate them and try pushing some extras on the little one.. but maybe
he is ok and normal.. maybe its the big one that is not normal.. ! In the wild the little one may not have survived..
i dont know..
Do you entice him ? extra warm soaks?

I would also check Luc's nose and make sure its clear and he can Smell his food.

cuppidsarrows

5 Year Member
Thousand oaks, Ca
they were hatched the same day and from the same parents they are 10 months, I did separate them a few months ago because the little one wouldn't eat at all so I posted about it and maggie told me to separate them so I did. Im sure that the little one wouldn't have made it in the wild. I do entice him I give him hibiscus hell eat that and certain greens he likes, he's kinda picky haha. I will check his nose just to make sure he can smell his yummy food. Thanks for the advice!

rwfoss

5 Year Member
They look like the little Desert Tort I'm caring for currently. They are great little torts - congrats!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Aww so cute. Looks like you could use some rain, LOL. I can send some your way if you want, thats all its been doing here for weeks.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Those weeds in photo 3, "euphorbia maculata" I think, are Taco's favorite.

They're hard to find in my yard because I have never let them grow; I am afraid of other people's in case they have been sprayed with Roundup.

Your torties "racing" to the flower blossom are so cute. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.