My First Baby Out of the Egg =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Welcome to the world little buddy! This is my little red foot that just came out of his egg. This is my first time having a tort this young. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

8205515934_66f21a8526.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0753 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

8204423533_5beaacdc08.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0756 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

8204423013_bb5d30a358.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0757 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

oh and thx Bigred for the baby!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Congrats Drew! Once the yolk sack completely heals you can keep him/her just like any other hatchling, until then you can keep him/her on damp paper towels or wash cloths. Make sure to offer some fresh greens or other food you normally feed your babies

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What a beaut! He's just adorable. I would think that you'd treat the newborn just as you would any baby tort your raised in the past. Of course, he'd probably eat less, but expose him to everything you'd want him to eat as he grows. And then, don't forget to give this baby lost of humidity, perhaps a closed enclosure would be ideal for that. Best wishes for the both of you.

quote='DrewsLife727' pid='569989' dateline='1353483271']
Welcome to the world little buddy! This is my little red foot that just came out of his egg. This is my first time having a tort this young. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

8205515934_66f21a8526.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0753 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

8204423533_5beaacdc08.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0756 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

8204423013_bb5d30a358.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0757 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

oh and thx Bigred for the baby!
[/quote]

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Your welcome, I thought you would enjoy one this young and I knew you would give him the daily care that he needs. When his belly heals he will be fine they love hibiscus flowers

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is so cool. He's a cutie. I kinda get it that s/he came from bigred? as an egg? If I'm correct, was it shipped or are you two close enough to drive? I would love to hatch a tort some day.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Soooooooooooooooooo cute :) congrats :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
wellington said:
That is so cool. He's a cutie. I kinda get it that s/he came from bigred? as an egg? If I'm correct, was it shipped or are you two close enough to drive? I would love to hatch a tort some day.

I asked him if he would want a hatchling that was just coming out of the egg. The egg had already pipped and the hatchling was in the process of busting out when he got it. He made a 2 or 3 hour drive and picked it up thats the story. WELLINGTON I know you are crazy about hatchlings. He came to my moms house to pick it up, she has my 2 incubators of redfoot eggs at her house. My mom is going to be 89 years old in about a week and she is crazy about hatchlings to. She still has 2 elongated torts

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
bigred said:
wellington said:

I asked him if he would want a hatchling that was just coming out of the egg. The egg had already pipped and the hatchling was in the process of busting out when he got it. He made a 2 or 3 hour drive and picked it up thats the story. WELLINGTON I know you are crazy about hatchlings. He came to my moms house to pick it up, she has my 2 incubators of redfoot eggs at her house. My mom is going to be 89 years old in about a week and she is crazy about hatchlings to. She still has 2 elongated torts

Thanks. That is really cool. I also think it is great your mom is almost 89 and tort crazy

russiantortoiselover1

5 Year Member
do you know if you need to separate mature males from immature females to avoid mating??/ and the immature females ending up with their eggs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.