my hatchling actually CAME OUT !!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago IL
so this morning i was THRILLED when i peeked into my FBT's (Florida box turtle) cage and saw her eating her Rep-Cal box turtle diet all by herself ! This is the first time in the 3 weeks that i have had her that she has come out at all. It has been about an hour and a half and she is half under her cypress mulch but has her head stuck out checking out her surroundings. IM SOO EXCITED :)

I <3 my :tort: !!!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
I wanted to take a pic, but I don't want to scare her . I'll try to get one later today or tomorrow for you guys !

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I forgot to mention that when my hatchling box turtles have there head poking out of the substrate, I know they are looking for food and when they see me putting stuff in the food dish they come running....

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
dmarcus said:
I forgot to mention that when my hatchling box turtles have there head poking out of the substrate, I know they are looking for food and when they see me putting stuff in the food dish they come running....

Good to know , do u think I should offer her a worm, or just leave her be ?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
you can place it close to her and if she is ready to eat, she should go after it...

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
dmarcus said:
you can place it close to her and if she is ready to eat, she should go after it...

I took your advice today and placed a worm close to her, she was a little frightened but soon saw the wiggly worm and came to eat it..

I took this when i got home from school I peaked into her cage and it was like wheres waldo lol.. shes good at camouflage :)

burried.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Awww! I know the feeling! The first time my RF came out I was thrilled too!

Katherine

5 Year Member
Yay! Knew she would come around eventually! It's so hard not to rush them but my box turtles have definitely taught me patience. Congrats on finding Waldo; hope she starts coming out more often and for longer!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Lol that pic is just adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.