My Russian pair (photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

5 Year Member
Here's some photos of the Russian's I received in a trade. Just wanted to share!

male :tort:
Dtgmq.jpg

sQDrt.jpg

female :tort:
CZc7F.jpg

ehBSH.jpg

Snake

5 Year Member
which subspecies do you guys and gals think these are?

Snake

5 Year Member
a pair of red spotted garters. can you believe it?!

The local herp society had a member pass away and everyone split up his animals to care for. One of the people who took his turtles asked me if I would do an even trade for them. He told me he wasn't much of a turtle guy. So I went for it! Pretty good trade imo :cool:

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Can you take a picture of them each from directly above, and the male straight on from the side? They look to be T.h.k. from what I can see, but more pics will help.

Cuties :)

Snake

5 Year Member
male
jSV34.jpg

male, female
hrb75.jpg

the pics didn't come out as good this time. let me know if these are okay, i can try and do better if needed.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
The pics are fine, I just needed to see the shape ;) Testudo horsfieldii kazakhstanica :)

Snake

5 Year Member
awesome! thanks for identifying them :) i love their coloring :tort:

jkingler

5 Year Member
I, too, am a dan of their coloring. :D

And is Testudo horsfieldii kazakhstanica just another way of saying Testudo horsfieldi Borati? ;)

jkingler

5 Year Member
If you have any extras that you don't need, feel free to let me know. :D

For the record, yeah, I think you made out like a bandit in that trade! But then again, I have only a passing interest in snakes, as opposed to my ever deepening affection for tortoises! Maybe the other guy thinks he got lucky, too! ;)

Snake

5 Year Member
of course, we both are happy with the trade! i've been working with snakes for a long time so it's a nice change of pace with these guys. i love watching them eat, they seem so enthusiastic about their meals, lol! and they are so adorable when they fall asleep, i'm not used to seeing eyelids close! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.